PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Cam

Mike Kenney
03-28-2007, 2:34 PM
Fig u guys might like this

http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.html

Belinda Barfield
03-28-2007, 3:17 PM
Awesome Mike!! Thanks for the link.:) :)

Jim Becker
03-28-2007, 3:55 PM
Wow....one of the best birdie web-cams I've seen! Awesome! (Note that dinner appears to be ready to serve in the upper right side of the nest...)

Jim O'Dell
03-28-2007, 5:47 PM
I watched that last year, have it bookmarked here at work. It's addictive, especially as the chick hatches, and grows, and takes it's first flight. Watching mom and dad enter the nest is pretty cool also, especially if the camera catches one of them with their wings spread to slow down just before landing. Simply beautiful!! It's a long process, but worth checking in on a few times each day.

Scott Shepherd
06-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Don't forget, the Eagle Cam is still up and running. This year they have 3 eaglets, and they are starting to walk out on branches now. They also took one and put a tracking device on it's back.

They sure grow fast! There's some gunk on the lens right now, but I suspect it will be off soon. Don't forget to read the progress on the blog there as well.

Conrad Fiore
06-01-2009, 7:17 PM
Mike,
Don't miss out on our own NJ birds. The attached link has two webcams, one of a Bald Eagle nest at Duke Farm in Hillsborough. This pair is about to fledge 3 eaglets. The other is a camera atop a building in Jersey City watching a Peregrine Falcon nest box. This pair of Peregrine Falcons now has three eyases in the nest box that hatched about a week ago. http://conservewildlifenj.org/index.html
I am an eagle observer for the NJ DEP and my nesting pair was in Parsippany, NJ. Unfortunately, my nest failed this year on or about April 4. F.Y.I., as of this breeding season, NJ has 82 territorial pairs of Bald eagles and out of that, 62 pairs are classified as active nesting. NJ is quite a bit different than the picture of smoke stacks and refineries on the northern end of the NJ Tpk.