PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 Christmas Orders

Matt Bridges
12-21-2003, 9:21 PM
Finished up my Christmas orders this past week. They are portraits and I'm sorry for the picture quality. I need to work on something better for taking pics of projects. The first one is a friend's parents and the second is a friend's grandparents.

Matt

Bob Lasley
12-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Matt,

Those are really cool! I assume they were done on the scroll saw. How did you get from photos to pattern?

Bob

Terry Quiram
12-22-2003, 8:59 AM
Matt

Well done!! I bought the book, but never went any further. You are a couple steps ahead of me. Keep up the nice work.

Terry

Jim Becker
12-22-2003, 9:33 AM
Those are very nice, Matt...they have a sophisticated look to them, too...the subjects all really look like celebrities! Happy holidays!

Matt Bridges
12-22-2003, 7:44 PM
I really appreciate all the compliments!

Bob- yes it was done on a scrollsaw. I got from photo to pattern using Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I use Adobe to get the detail I want, then I use Paint Shop Pro to clean it up. I could do it all in Adobe, but I'm not as good using that program as the other yet.

Jim - Celebrities? I'm glad you think they look that good, I just used common family photos :) Both will be given as Christmas gifts and I'm excited to hear from my friends what the responses were.

Terry - I used the book as a guideline, but really you have to play with the program you use and get a feel for it for yourself. The book is a great basics course :)

Matt

Chris Padilla
12-22-2003, 8:15 PM
Wow...those are neat! The upper couple doesn't look as happy as the lower couple...maybe you coulda given the upper couple a smile? :D

Chris

Matt Bridges
12-22-2003, 8:18 PM
Wow...those are neat! The upper couple doesn't look as happy as the lower couple...maybe you coulda given the upper couple a smile? :D

Chris

I suppose I could have, but I've found that for me, it's best just to use the photo or it really looks fake. Probably means I still have a lot of progress to make LOL The person that bought the picture said "obviously, you can see they don't smile much in person, but they really are happy people" LOL

Matt