PDA

View Full Version : Biography

Jay Kilpatrick
02-28-2003, 11:56 AM
As it is, this is my new home and I want to share with you, so inturn y'all will share with me...so here is me:

I was born in 1974 in Lebanon, Ohio. I worked at my parents service station from age 8 to 17 during nights and weekends. At about 13 I started working for my Dad's Construction Business on Saturdays and during Summer holidays. I have seen and been involved in many houses being custom built and rebuilt from the ground up. This is one reason why I'll buy an already built house! I enjoyed most of it and have done plenty of all of it from digging the foundations right on through finish carpentry. I graduated college in 1996 and saw the last of my construction work that summer (the callouses are just now reforming). I am now a Captain in the U.S. Air Force stationed in Dayton, Ohio. The benefits are great here, but man am I busy! SWMBO was met in 1994 and made honest in '99. Our little boy (just turned 2!) is great to be around and is one of many reasons I haven't gotten serious about woodworking.

I still don't have a shop yet, but I try to get as much practiced as I can. I'm interested in just about everything to to do with making fine wooden creations. We bought the house this past summer, so I'm saving every last dime to create the best, most portable workshop I can (in the Air Force and we move about every three years with few exceptions). And, as with everyone, my project list is growing even without a shop! I am currently sitting on plans for my bench, 4 Hope Chests, an heirloom ball drop maze, and a humidor. I just wish that turning wasn't so much fun...so I'd be in a lot less trouble with the little woman. Thanks for reading.

E. "Jay" Kilpatrick II - 2/28/03

BTW...When posting a biography you may want to use the subject "Biography" instead of "BIO" because of the minimum 4 letter length of word requirement to search within the site. Thanks!

Randy Miller
02-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Jay,
Nice to see you made it over here. I saw your post over on the pond in Ernie's Life Plans thread. While I never posted my bio over there I finally took the plunge this morning.
Looking foward to seeing some of your work.
-Randy

Jay Kilpatrick
02-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Randy Miller
Jay,Looking foward to seeing some of your work.
Funny, that's what Amy tells me too!;) :D

Jim Fuller
02-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Hope you have as much fun in the creek as I do.