PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present Complete

Julie Wright
12-21-2003, 8:23 PM
Well almost, still needs the hinges put on it. This is the jewlery box that I made for my mother. It is made out of Honduran Mahogany. I used BLO on it and shellac. She said she needed a jewlery box with lots of little spaces for all her earings.

Jim Becker
12-21-2003, 8:31 PM
Awesome, Julie!! That's a really pretty box. I like the joinery at the corners and your use of dividers to help the new owner keep the interior organized. The mahogany has some great grain pattern, too...interesting to look at.

Happy holidays!!

Lloyd Robins
12-21-2003, 8:49 PM
Very nice! Your mom will love it!

Ace Karner
12-21-2003, 9:14 PM
Nice work, I know she'll treasure it

Jason Roehl
12-21-2003, 9:17 PM
I don't see why your mom couldn't like it! Nice work!

Jerry Todd
12-21-2003, 9:29 PM
Well almost, still needs the hinges put on it. This is the jewlery box that I made for my mother. It is made out of Honduran Mahogany. I used BLO on it and shellac. She said she needed a jewlery box with lots of little spaces for all her earings.
Julie,
That is a great looking box. Your mom will love it. I enjoy working with Mahogany. Tell us about the splines.
Jerry

Tom Sweeney
12-21-2003, 9:46 PM
Great job Julie. - Your Mom will certainly like it. wonderful job on the joints & splines. I need to make one like it out of red oak & I think you just sealed my decision on the corner joinery.

The finish really makes the mahogany stand out nicely also. :cool:

Bob Lasley
12-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Julie,

Awesome! Are those through tenons on the lid? Looks like nice tight miters too. You should be proud, I know your mother will be.

Bob

Kent Cori
12-22-2003, 9:56 AM
Way cool Julie! That mahogony really looks great.

Kevin Gerstenecker
12-22-2003, 10:24 AM
WAY nice Jewelry Box Julie! I really like the Joinery............the Splines really set it off, and add a real touch of class. The Mahogany was a great choice for this box, a nice, rich look to it. I am sure that will be treasured always by your mother. What a great gift! Thanks so much for sharing your excellent work with us! VERY nice job! :D

Dennis Peacock
12-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Very, Very nice Julie..!!!! Beautiful box, very good work and nice clean joints.....I really like the box.!!!!! :)

Now....you just need to make...just...one....more.....(one for MY mother)!!!!! ;)

Daniel Rabinovitz
12-22-2003, 3:44 PM
Julie
The box looks really nice. How elegant!
Great work.
Daniel
:cool:

Jim Hill 2
12-22-2003, 4:04 PM
I just joined up today and am pleasently surprised to find a posting so close to home. This is a beautiful jewlery box and I'm proud to see there is such high quality work in the Charleston area. Keep up the good work! Your mother will love it!

Ken Salisbury
12-23-2003, 6:18 AM
Thanks for joining SMC. It should be noted that a real first and last name are required by the SMC Terms of Service. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php) Please e-mail me (ken@oldrebelworkshop.com)that information and I will have your profile updated accordingly

Mac McAtee
12-23-2003, 7:42 AM
Great job. I especally like the way the trim and feet at the bottom look. It just looks like the belong there. When the finish and the wood ages it will just keep looking nicer and nicer.

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
12-23-2003, 8:08 AM

I need to get into making some of these flat things when I can get a shop set up. The design of this box looks great! The mahogany sure is a beautiful wood and you've really done it justice. Nice looking piece and a keepsake for your mother. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Ron

Eric Sanford
12-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Very nice, Julie! Isn't that mahogany wonderful to work with? It will be a wonderful place for her to store her jewelry!

Eric