PDA

View Full Version : Dovetail Tool

Don Dean
03-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Dovetail tool form Prazia USA called ChestMate. www.praziusa.com/chestmate.html (http://www.praziusa.com/chestmate.html)

I have no affiliation with this company.

Jim Becker
03-28-2007, 9:16 AM
Is there a question?

Rob Wright
03-28-2007, 9:42 AM
I saw that a few weeks ago when I was looking at purchasing their Set & Go tile setter. For $119, it appears a little steep, but the unlimited variable spacing is nice.

Ted Miller
03-28-2007, 9:57 AM
I just picked up this set at the Ontario WWing show about a month ago or so and I will be trying it out soon to see how it does. It looked good at the show. I think the guy gave me a discount just to get me to leave his booth, I kinda talked his head off...

frank shic
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
don, thanks for introducing a new product to the rest of us although it seems a little slow for my tastes with the marking of the stock and then having to move the guide in between cuts not to mention the potential for misalignment. if i wanted variable spacing that badly, i think i'd still go with either the leigh or the new porter cable jig.

Ted Miller
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
The main idea behind the jig is that you make a patern piece to align this jig so you can cut your pins and tails and you are not held to 12" or 24"...

frank shic
03-28-2007, 1:00 PM
ted, please do write a follow-up post on this topic when you have the jig up and running. i still don't see the immediate advantage compared to just cutting a template with a dado stack like i saw several years ago in a previous popular woodworking article for variable spacing.