PDA

View Full Version : Built in Router table

Les Schlanger
03-27-2007, 8:15 PM
I would greatly appreciate it if someone out there can help me!!! I have a 10" Ridgid table saw, and would like to build in a router table with fence on the RIGHT sid of the blade.There is a big open space (24x27) that I would like to utilize. I looked at the Bench Dog Promax, but it is heavt, and I would have to place it on the left after removing one the extensions. I have a Freud router that I will be mounting to the table. I am leaning toward the Rockler table and fence. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Les

Dave Potter
03-29-2007, 4:56 PM
Les:

I don't know if this helps, but PlansNow has plans for a router extension with fence you can build. You can find it by going HERE (http://plansnow.com/shopfurn.html). I'm guessing you'd have to go to Rockler or a supplier for the router plate and inserts.

Good Luck!

Dave Potter

Les Schlanger
04-05-2007, 7:35 PM
Thanks Dave, I just viewed your reply!!
Les

Warren Boese
04-05-2007, 7:57 PM
Here is what I did on my Ridgid. Two layers of 3/4" melamine ply trimmed in maple to fit the space.

Warren

glenn bradley
04-05-2007, 8:10 PM
I've had a Rockler for a couple years. I did developer some sag using only the supplied bracing. It went through a couple of mutations and I am using the same top on my newly built router cabinet. No complaints, reasonable price and I find their fence design to be simple, straight forward and lacking almost nothing for the most part.

Jon Behnke
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM
You may want to check out this ebay listing: Looks like it would work very well on your saw and it includes a fence. You can make an offer and I've seen this go for around $140, can't hardly make your own this nice for that kind of money.
Jon

Jim C Bradley
04-06-2007, 3:03 PM
Warren your router fence looks great. What is your mechanism for moving the two parts of the fence independently? Do you have a photo of the back of the fence?
Enjoy,
Jim Bradley

Warren Boese
04-06-2007, 4:55 PM
Warren your router fence looks great. What is your mechanism for moving the two parts of the fence independently? Do you have a photo of the back of the fence?
Enjoy,
Jim Bradley

Hey Jim. the mechanism is carriage bolts through the face with threaded plastic knobs on the back. Pics attatched!

Jim C Bradley
04-06-2007, 9:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks a million. The pictures make the whole thing clear. This is a neat fence...It is simple, it covers several problem areas easily. I'm going to make one.
Enjoy,
Jim

David Gunn
04-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Jim and Les, check out this link.
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9413

A lot of people on that site (including me) have done this with their 3650.
Most people just make an auxillary fence that attaches or goes over the stock fence. That way you still have clearance to use the full 36" rip capacity of your table saw, without removing fence.