PDA

View Full Version : hold fast vacuum chuck?

Benjamin Dahl
03-27-2007, 1:50 PM
I was browsing some posts and someone mentioned a sale at hartville tools. I saw this vacuum chuck and wanted to know if anyone had used it? http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/12246
when i search this site it seems that many posts are about making your own and I found one reference to a venturi type generator that this unit uses. this sale price seems to be only a little more than what folks have paid to make their own. also, am I correct in assuming that this would replace cole jaws in most applications?
any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben

Bob Hallowell
03-28-2007, 10:16 AM
bump,
I was hoping to get some info on this to. Ben you might have to be the first to use it and give us a review.

Bob

Benjamin Dahl
03-28-2007, 4:12 PM
Bob, I spoke with someone today who sells the hold fast and also the oneway system. he was partial towards the oneway as it seems to have more possible uses (can hold bigger pieces and a few other things). also more expensive. the guy said that the holdfast was a good deal for the money but to know it is not the same as the oneway. if I go ahead with a purchase, I will give a review.

Frank Kobilsek
03-28-2007, 5:39 PM
Ben
I was really hoping someone that owned this thing would speak up. I saw it at the AAW symposium last year. It is a good value for small to medium work. Nick Cook was telling me he liked it.

OK the engineer in me says yes put enough air through that venturi and the thing should work great but the farmer in me wants a little more horse power hanging on to rapidly rotating objects.

Again the thing makes sense, it just doesn't instill confidence.

I too wish for vac chuck but just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Frank