PDA

View Full Version : My new shop layout

Karin Voorhis
03-27-2007, 8:36 AM
Hello all,

Since I am so new to wood working and all it takes a bit of time to work and learn how to work in the space you have and now I just spent the last 2 days re working the latout and even got back my garage door with this layout!!!!! plus and 8 foot run withthe table saw in booth directions... That will be so much help with all the ply wood cutting and all.....

Also thanks to all that post the pics of the shops they have so I can work of from the expierce everyone here has too...... This is a great place thanks!!!!

Jim Becker
03-27-2007, 8:39 AM
Karin, shop rearrangement to meet current working needs is a "way of life" for any woodworker...I've done mine probably 5 times in about 6 years. Sometimes it's just a minor change; sometimes major. All are to make things work best for the kind of work (and tooling involved) being done. It's part of the "work smart" philosophy! I suspect you'll enjoy having that extra infeed and outfeed space...

Tyler Howell
03-27-2007, 8:51 AM
Like Jim said, be ready to change again.
Wheels on your equipment make life easy;)
Looks like you have some good work space there.
Thanks for sharing.

Don Bullock
03-27-2007, 9:32 AM
Changing the shop layout is an ongoing task. It changes everytime new equipment is added as well as when one takes on a different type of project. It's nice to have that 8 foot infeed and outfeed space for the table saw. It looks like your space is small, but well equiped. Enjoy your new arraingement.

Karin Voorhis
03-27-2007, 7:19 PM
Thanks! Yes it is small... The whole shop is 26'x26' (for now) and half of that is all computers for my laser and ploter work. So for now until additions are made that is my space but wow now that I will have room for cutting without flipping upside down and sideways I think it will be much better......

But please now new overhauls for sometime I moved all that cast iron by myself wow!!!!!!!! I wiegh less then it too... and for wheels not yet!!!!!!!!!!! I am the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Becker
03-27-2007, 8:09 PM
"Leverage", Karin, "Leverage".... :)