PDA

View Full Version : New family member

Jim King
03-26-2007, 9:07 PM
This is a Huapo Monkey. The girl holding him has finished high school and is going away to the University and cannot keep him. She has had him 7 years and now and he will be coming to live with us. This is not a real common species so I thought it may be interesting to everyone.

Jim Becker
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Nice "doo" on that monkey! Congrats on your new family member!

Jerry Clark
03-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Boy that is different! :eek: Thanks for sharing!:D

Brett Baldwin
03-27-2007, 1:36 AM
With the kind of wood you find common, I guess that monkey is just a natural shop addition.;)

How common are pet monkeys in general there?

Jim Dunn
03-27-2007, 7:48 AM
Quite a different animal to be sure. Is it shop broken? Good luck on the new addition. Hopefully he will get over the seperation anxiety.

Tim Martin
03-27-2007, 8:18 AM
Amazing pet Jim. Sure does beat having a cat or a dog.:rolleyes:

I take it the monkey just eats fruit etc? Do you need to keep it in a cage of some sort, or will it just hang around on its own accord?

Tyler Howell
03-27-2007, 9:10 AM
Kool:cool:
Is that a natural "fur style" or is he groomed:confused:

Jim King
03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
The hair do is natural. With this breed the locals shoot them to get the tail that is sold for dusting furniture and if a baby comes down with the mother they are brought to town and sold. We work with the Dept. of Natural Resources accepting as many as we can but the animal trade is big. People normally tire of them as pets faster than this girl and then comes the problem. They have become accustomed to people and dont want to go back to the jungle.

All monkeys eat meat , fruit and whatever like a human and they must be kept in a cage when not near you . It is said that a monkey is the only animal that can destroy an empty room. We are caring for about 30 of various species at this time.

I will attach a photo of Hildebrando when he was a baby. He is a howler monkey. Named so because you can hear them howling for over a mile in the jungle.

Al Willits
03-27-2007, 11:05 AM
"""""""
Named so because you can hear them howling for over a mile in the jungle.
""""""""

Kinda reminds me of Beas......er.....never mind....:)
Cute little buggers, look like a handful though, sounds like your trying to save animals and my hats off to ya..congrats.

Al

jeremy levine
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
What a face on that monkey, wild. Keep up the good works.

Ron Journeau
03-27-2007, 9:17 PM
That Huapo looks seriously bummed out. guess he knows that the Girl person is going away. As a certifiably animal crazy person, I feel sorry for his loss, but at the same time am relieved to know that you are stepping up to the plate, Jim. That little guy is gunna need a lot of love to help him through his sense of loss, hope it goes okay. Maybe you can make him a nice little four poster bed from some of that outstanding colored wood you have on hand;)

Brian Weick
03-27-2007, 9:22 PM
This is a Huapo Monkey. The girl holding him has finished high school and is going away to the University and cannot keep him. She has had him 7 years and now and he will be coming to live with us. This is not a real common species so I thought it may be interesting to everyone.

Hi Jim,
So what is the situation with the #22 Oliver. Have you seen it in person ?
Brian:confused:

Tyler Howell
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
"""""""
Named so because you can hear them howling for over a mile in the jungle.
""""""""

Kinda reminds me of Beas......er.....never mind....:)
Cute little buggers, look like a handful though, sounds like your trying to save animals and my hats off to ya..congrats.

Al
Your going to get in big trouble buddy and I'm going to tell her!!:p

Jim King
03-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Brian: The only thing I have seen in person is the packing and shipping bill to Houston

Crating and skids, removal etc. plus
Freight To Houston TX 9000 lbs $1,778.00 On Site Labor4 Men and EquipmentRate Per Hour $ 140.00 $420.00 Total$4,273.68

Brian Weick
03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
where are you putting the #22? and when do you expect it to arrive. There is one on Ebay right now-$10,000 or best offer~ The gentleman that posted the add said that It was custom made and that there were only 3 of them made, not to sure about his information ???? It may have been been custom made but I don't think that he is aware this was one of Oliver's face plate models. If I now of anyone that is looking for a lathe to turn pens , this will be the first place on Ebay to send them-LOL

Guy Germaine
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Looks a lot like my sister in law.:eek:

Jim King
03-28-2007, 2:42 PM
Brian: It will go in the corner of our hobby wood production building after I add anothr 12 inches of floor on the 12 inches we now have.