PDA

View Full Version : NWA Creeker Meet

Don Orr
03-26-2007, 8:32 PM
As Ben and Jason already posted, we had a great show this past weekend in Saratoga Springs, NY. We managed to gather 5 Creekers together for a visit and a photo (not the best, sorry Ben). Jason helped out in the turning area where our club has an ongoing demo area for both days. I helped there as well as doing a lecture/demo on basic bowl turning each day. Man is it ever tough to try to get out a ton of info on the how-to of turning a bowl in just 1 hour:eek: .

The Gallery area was as good or better than ever. Loads of furniture, musical instruments, toys, accessories and of course incredible turnings. And congrats go to Jason who got a ribbon in the beginner turning category for a bowl he posted here recently.( He entered as a beginner because he has been turning less than 1 year but the bowl is beautiful!) We also had lots of interesting vendors again this year. Lee Valley came down for the first time even:D . It's a lot of work all by volunteers. I spent over 10 hrs setting up on Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday including take-down til after 7 PM. Very fun and rewarding though. Met lots of great people again this year.

The photos are of the 5 Creekers-L to R;
Bob Gugerty from Burlington, VT.,Jason Slutsky from Niskayuna, NY, myself from Schenectady, NY, Ben Werner and his father Ken Werner from Hamilton, NY. As expected, we had a good chat about turning and a bunch of other stuff-very nice people!
The other photo is of my pieces in the turning display area. Mine are the 2 hollow vessels, 2 finial-lidded boxes, 2 bowls and a "fun-flower" that is entirely turned except for the brass-rod stem. The hat is not mine:( . You may be able to see some of the other work in the background.

All in all, a great weekend, a great show, and got to meet some wonderful Creekers! Hope to see more of you there next year!

Ben Werner
03-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Well heres secondary proof, gotta please that picture police :D:D I had a great time, met some great folks, learned quite a bit, and also made some worthwhile purchases (but which ones arent :p) I'll post some pics of that stuff hopefully within the week but I have lots of school work which will be limiting my forum browsing time. :mad::mad:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/benknobi89/IMG_0803.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/benknobi89/IMG_0800.jpg

John Shuk
04-07-2007, 6:15 PM
Don,
I'm sad to say I missed the showcase this year. I always make it a point to be there but this year we had a trip to the Florida Keys planned. I hope everyone had a great time.

Christopher K. Hartley
04-08-2007, 7:21 AM
Congrats guys Looks like a bunch of fun. We'll have to try something like that in Houston with the Creekers. Problem is we've lost Ernie to work or something and I still haven't figured out where Cecil lurks.:D We may have to call an outsider in to bring out the troups.(He...he):D You guys in the North East seem to be getting together all the time. Thanks for sharing!:)