PDA

View Full Version : Now that Festool has a SCMS - next comes---

Peter Kuhlman
03-26-2007, 3:31 PM
Ok. Now that Festool has announced a SCMS for I'm sure a very nice price :D , what is next??? (Yea, I will probably order one). Can you just imagine a Festool table saw? Oh sure, the price would be ~~$10,000 but just think of how they might design it. If they are getting into "real" power tools, they might even come out with full size jointers, planers, etc. I bet Sir Bob is just salivating over the commisions in the future ;) . Knowing Festool, they might be coming out with another tool we have never heard of or known we needed - like the Domino. Those darn Germans spend too much time thinking and designing. If they keep introducing new tools, my wife is going to leave me!! I am already starting to sell my rarely used tools to get money saved for the Kapex. Dang it Bob, have pity on us poor tool junkies :p .
Pete

Bob Childress
03-26-2007, 3:56 PM
Well, sadly, that Kapex will probably never make it to the States. :( Festool already makes a table saw, but it is a portable job site saw, not a cabinet saw. They also make a host of other tools. Go on their German (HQ) website and you'll see that what we have to choose from over here is just a drop in the bucket to their full line.

Per Swenson
03-26-2007, 4:06 PM
Bob,

I have money on this....

It will make it to the USA.

It is a scms, by design no different then a Bosch or Makita so it should

sail through the dreaded UL nonsense.

Nope my money is on when.

Oct/Nov 2007.

Right....8 months baby.

Bring this thread back up then, so as I can say...

Told ya so.

I have no secret inside info.

Per:rolleyes:

Bob Marino
03-26-2007, 4:07 PM
Well, sadly, that Kapex will probably never make it to the States. :( Festool already makes a table saw, but it is a portable job site saw, not a cabinet saw. They also make a host of other tools. Go on their German (HQ) website and you'll see that what we have to choose from over here is just a drop in the bucket to their full line.

Bob,

I think the Kapex will get here. When - not sure, but it will get here.

Bob

Bob Childress
03-26-2007, 4:07 PM
I don't think I'll bet against you, Per. Might jinx it! :D

Eugene A. Manzo III
03-26-2007, 4:43 PM
Dear Bob Do you give Italian American Discounts ? Hey thought I'd ask :)

Bob Marino
03-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Dear Bob Do you give Italian American Discounts ? Hey thought I'd ask :)

Eugene,

Nah! I just make em' an offer they can't refuse.:D ;) :)

Bob