PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Sandy Masquith
03-26-2007, 1:22 PM
Just found this board, having done some googling in regards to the Jet Parallel clamps. Somehow I got a link to here, which I'm grateful for!

I'm an amateur woodworker, and I run my own computer shop. I've been in the computing industry as an engineer for ...well, many many years! Recently, I've picked up woodworking as a hobby. I find it immensely relaxing to make little jewelry boxes. Eventually, I'll be making our entertainment center for our new house here in Berryville, VA. The hubby is pushing for sooner rather than later! Oh...and I'm another female woodworker....so suck in the guts, boys!!! ;)

It's great to have found this place, and I hope I don't stick my foot in my mouth (fingers? this is an Intarnet chat board...) too quickly. I'll go ahead and ask for your forgiveness now for any perceived slights I might post later!! Just keep in mind, I'm an engineer, and don't always think through what I'm posting! ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-26-2007, 1:24 PM
Welcome to the Creek Sandy! Wade right in the water's fine! Neat place to exchange information and get an opinion.

Again....Welcome!

Phyllis Meyer
03-26-2007, 2:09 PM
Welcome to the Creek! It's great to have another woman on the forum...in case they need advice on lipstick, or anything of the sort:). These guys are great and very kind to us girls! I am a full time laser engraver, my husband is the wood guy. Welcome, and enjoy!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Bob Childress
03-26-2007, 2:09 PM
Hi Sandy, welcome aboard! ;) Even engineers are welcome! :D Would love to see a few of your jewelry boxes.

Belinda Barfield
03-26-2007, 2:26 PM
Welcome Sandy! The guys here are great, and tolerate females pretty well!;) I know you'll like it here!!

Jonathon Spafford
03-26-2007, 2:34 PM
Welcome to the creek!!! Glad to have you here... the more the merrier!! ;) Make sure you post lots of pix... we like pix on here! Would love to see some of the jewelry boxes.... now if you would like to get into making round jewelry boxes you are going to have to check out the turning section; lots of helpful info on how to spend your money over there :D Anyway... have fun and post often!!!

Sandy Masquith
03-26-2007, 2:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!! Good to see so many similarly-minded gals. So many times, I feel in the minority both in professional and personal life. I don't mind jig saws, and I'm also a fan of lipstick!!! Not often do I find that combo. :)

Nancy Laird
03-26-2007, 2:36 PM
Yea, Sandy! Another female to join Phyllis, Belinda, and me. Welcome to the Creek - go ahead and wade in, as the tadpoles and bullfrogs really don't bite.

I'm also a laser engraver and turner in my real life, hubby does flatwork in his real life. In our "other lives" I'm a paralegal and he's a tool/machine salesman. But not for much longer. December 31, 2007, we will join the ranks of the retired (retarded?) and start doing all this stuff full time. I'm looking forward to it.

You'll have fun here, as well as learning new stuff. Don't be afraid to ask questions--these big burly he-men around here are pretty nice to the "fairer sex" - most of the time, at least.

Nancy

Jim Becker
03-26-2007, 2:49 PM
Welcome, Sandy...lot's of "techies" here, too...

Von Bickley
03-26-2007, 3:36 PM
Welcome to "The Creek"...:) :) :)

Jack Hogoboom
03-26-2007, 4:26 PM
Welcome Sandy. If I sucked my gut in as much as it needed, my head would explode.:rolleyes:

Enjoy the stay.

Jack

Belinda Barfield
03-26-2007, 4:34 PM
Sandy,

I'm soooo glad only the boys that have to suck in their guts! We had our first pool day this weekend and I am just exhausted from all that standin' up really straight!!

Joe Unni
03-26-2007, 4:42 PM
Welcome Sandy!!

I used to be a network geek too. A lay off 4 years ago gave me the opportunity to do this full time. I've NEVER looked back.

This is really a great place to learn and share. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your jewelry boxes.

-joe

Sandy Masquith
03-26-2007, 6:01 PM
Welcome Sandy!!

I used to be a network geek too. A lay off 4 years ago gave me the opportunity to do this full time. I've NEVER looked back.

This is really a great place to learn and share. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your jewelry boxes.

-joe

Been thinkin of doing the same, Joe. Can't find computer work around here...hence my own business. Wouldn't mind being a cabinet-makers apprentice! It'd be nice to learn and do this stuff full-time! :)

Dennis Peacock
03-26-2007, 6:01 PM
Welcome Sandy. Glad to have ya here at the Creek. Enjoy your stay, share what you know, and learn all you can. Always remember that there are no stupid questions here at the Creek. :D

nic obie
03-26-2007, 9:21 PM
I really enjoy girls posting here.

People like Gail and Alf and all the rest can get it done as good any of us.

Brett Baldwin
03-27-2007, 1:41 AM
Welcome Sandy. I'm sure you've already seen the wealth of knowledge here and the friendly atmosphere is icing on the cake. Enjoy.

Jim Dunn
03-27-2007, 7:53 AM
Welcome Sandy. Please do post some of your work when you get the chance.

Tyler Howell
03-27-2007, 9:05 AM
Welcome Sandy,
Love to have the ladies swimming in the creek!
Great bunch of folks.