PDA

View Full Version : Got any comments on Mule TS Fences?

Dennis Peacock
12-20-2003, 8:21 PM
Been looking at upgrading my TS fence. I noticed that a company named "Mule" has a TS fence setup that is not as costly as all the others and was wondering if anyone here has one or even knows about Mule and their products.

Scott Coffelt
12-20-2003, 8:35 PM
I had one on my contractors. I must say it was a good price, but in all I really was not pleased with it. It flexed at the far end. Required sliding off the end to remove. For the money the Vega is the best deal around.

David Klug
12-20-2003, 10:50 PM
I second the Vega.

Steve Clardy
12-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Love mine. Yea, it has a little movement in the rear, but when you measure the material you just ripped and its the same on both ends and the width you want----------. You have to remember, this is woodworking, not metal working, using dial indicators and working in .oo1 thousands. Got a great deal on mine, free shipping too.
Like the 7 foot rails.
Steve

Curt Harms
12-21-2003, 1:07 PM
Hi Dennis

I have one. As Scott said, you do have to slide if off the end of the rail, not lift if off anywhere along the rail like others. The rear doesn't fasten, but then neither does Bies or, I think, Vega. I've never had an issue with the end moving while in use. What I do find useful are the slots on all 3 sides to fasten jigs, router fences, board buddies etc. I've been thinking of their Euro Jig as well. I could probably fabricate something similar, but for $29 and free shipping why bother.

Curt