PDA

View Full Version : Oval turning

Claude Arragon
03-25-2007, 3:12 PM
Vicmarc has launched a device for Oval turning.
It has not yet reached Italy.
Does any one has one and could I have the picture of it. I am quite interested.
Thanks in advance

John Taylor
03-25-2007, 4:52 PM
HI

The Vicmarc oval chuck is made from the design of Johannes Volmer his website is http://www.volmer---ovaldrehen.de/englisch.htm

It is made under licence from him and is identical to the one illustrated on his site.

This info comes from Phil Irons in the UK who is the UK agent for Vicmarc and has been demonstrating it at several shows.

hope this helps

john

Jonathon Spafford
03-25-2007, 4:52 PM
For some reason I think that you can make your own attachment for your lathe for turning ovals... someone correct me if I'm wrong. I watched David Springett's "Eliptical Turning" a while back and if you are interested in that you might want to check that out.

I haven't ever heard about the attachment you are talking about (doesn't mean it doesn't exist ;)).

Jonathon Spafford
03-25-2007, 4:53 PM
Wow... how much better timing can you get John???!!!

John Taylor
03-25-2007, 5:10 PM
Wow... how much better timing can you get John???!!!

That was pretty good wasnt it. :D

I have Davids video as well which is a good place to start as I imagine the vicmark chuck is going to be mega expensive. :(

The only problem with Davids version is you can only turn small things on it but one day I might get round to making it. Not sure how well it will turn out as I am not very good at that non round;) stuff.

john