PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot's prior CEO salary $37,000,000.00

Brian Weick
03-25-2007, 1:11 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I have seen some posts on here about HD and I am just sick at what this Idiot made, meanwhile The experienced employees that knew there business get shoved out the door , and a friendly face greeting you as a cashier replaced with Metal Maggie from Taiwan as the cashier. The companies financial stability is going south and this greedy jerk made this-
http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/retirementsecurity/case_homedepot.cfm#_ftn4
I am so sick of HD - It used to be a great place. They had better get their act together and why doesn't the compensation go with the financial stability of the company. If the company is not doing well, they should suffer along with it instead of being paid these outrageous salaries. Robert Nardelli then moves to GE after leaving HD in shambles to make more than the prior CEO od $15,000,000.00- I guess he is just there to make himself and the KEY people wealthy and not worry about those hard working men and woman that keep companies alive and vibrant. $37,000,000.00 .This has to stop! This is so out whack! :mad:

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-25-2007, 1:32 PM
I'm with you Brain! Aint nobody worth that kind of cash! The people that agreed to the salary should be shot!

Steve Clardy
03-25-2007, 3:17 PM
Problem is, nothing we can do about it.
So why rant.
Just do some woodworking;) :D

Keith Outten
03-25-2007, 3:30 PM
Don't patronize companies that pay their top executives outragous salaries. The items you purchase cost you more at the check-out counter when companies pay immoral salaries and you do have a choice.

Alfred Clem
03-25-2007, 3:43 PM
Look, the ex-CEO did not set his own salary. His board of directors (and their compensation committee) did. And the shareholders (also known as "sheep") OKayed the selection of that board.

Once upon a time, I was a happy shareholder of that particular borg company. When I read what the board planned to pay this person, I sold my stock. I voted with my feet. And happy that I did.

There are plenty of other corporate examples of "The American Way" at work just like this one. Who is to say what a CEO is worth? Please do not say that "Washington should do something about this kind of abuse of power." If you want to see "abuse of power" at work, Washington is the place to begin looking.

Neal Addy
03-25-2007, 3:44 PM
This is no worse than paying a running back $25 mil.

A good CEO's only job is to make money for the stockholders, period. If he's doing that then he's worth it (to them). If not, he should be replaced.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It's simply market forces. God bless America.

Ken Garlock
03-25-2007, 3:52 PM
By today's standards, $7,000,000 is not out of line.

Anything that has stock in its makeup is very iffy, so he may get a lot of stock options only to see them turn into nothingness. A stock option is exactly that, the opportunity(option) to buy stock at sometime in the future at a price that is set at the time of the option issue. In many ways, it is a incentive to make the company profitable for the investor. A profitable company will make the stock more valuable in the market place and hence make the stock option more valuable.

Second, the CEO and other corporate officers do not set their own pay rates. The rate is determined by the corporate board of directors after considering the market place, economic outlook, pay rates of companies of comparable size, or business. By the way, the directors are elected by the stock holders.

LIke it or not, the first order of business for any company is to make the stock holders happy. Everything else is secondary.

BTW, I have never seen anyone holding a gun to the head of HD workers. They always have the option of going somewhere else to work.

Bart Leetch
03-25-2007, 4:16 PM
Constructive complaints can be registered here.:)

wehearyou@homedepot.com

J D Thomas
03-25-2007, 4:46 PM
Problem is, nothing we can do about it.
So why rant.
Just do some woodworking;) :D

I agree with you Steve, more or less. But sometimes one has to get something off his chest and off his mind just because. It's cathartic.

Yeah, let's go make something.

Steve Clardy
03-25-2007, 5:24 PM
I agree with you Steve, more or less. But sometimes one has to get something off his chest and off his mind just because. It's cathartic.

Yeah, let's go make something.

Understand that. :D

Mark Singer
03-25-2007, 6:03 PM
any openings:rolleyes:

Bruce Page
03-25-2007, 7:30 PM
I’d say this guy is pretty smart. I wish someone would pay me an annual $37,000,000 salary – even for a week!

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2007, 7:40 PM
I started voting against HD years ago....I don't shop HD.....End of story.

All I'll say is that I'm so sick and fed up with corporate America and all it's corruption. Wish there wasn't any such a thing as money. :)

Bruce Page
03-25-2007, 7:59 PM
edit: Wish there wasn't any such a thing as money. :)

It's been tried - doesn't work.

John Schreiber
03-25-2007, 8:38 PM
By today's standards . . . .

Like it or not, the first order of business for any company is to make the stock holders happy. Everything else is secondary.
Count me a radical, but I agree with what Ken says above. I just believe that today's standards are wrong. Pursuit of profit is not what we are put here for.

I also agree with Steve, let's go cut some wood.

Bernie Weishapl
03-25-2007, 9:00 PM
Yep two things come to mind. My grandfather once told me there is not a man in the world worth a million dollars a year. The other is, he said why do you think things are going to the Twains, China's, etc. So they can afford to pay these CEO's millions a year.