PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh . . . Plate Joiner

glenn bradley
03-25-2007, 1:05 PM
I know the discussion of plate joiners has come up now and again. This is probably just re-run info. I love my PC557 Type 3 biscuit joiner. I tend to rate some tools on how good a job "I" can do with them. I figure if I can get it right with this thing, anyone can. Just food for thought for those shopping around.

Bud McCreadie
03-25-2007, 3:28 PM
I too find my PC557, bought off craigslist last month, very friendly. It came mounted to a great little shop made portable table with fence. One thing, after going thru 2 jars of #10 biscuits the slide jammed up. I was doing repetitive cuts on long boards 3' walnut. Almost ran fingers into blade when it didn't retract. A little 3-1 oil freed up the grit in the ways and I was good to go.

robert micley
03-25-2007, 3:37 PM
when i got the lamello i threw out my biscuit shop jigs.i never have to clamp the wood.i can even hold both pieces in my hand.totally different drive system

Paul Fitzgerald
03-25-2007, 3:59 PM
I know the discussion of plate joiners has come up now and again. This is probably just re-run info. I love my PC557 Type 3 biscuit joiner. I tend to rate some tools on how good a job "I" can do with them. I figure if I can get it right with this thing, anyone can. Just food for thought for those shopping around.

I just bought a DeWalt DW682K from Amazon. I haven't received it yet, but I'd definately be interested in any biscuit joinery tips/techniques or specific tips/techniques related to the DW682K.

I did look at the PC 557, but the DeWalt fit my needs better. Not to mention I got it for $149. :)

Paul

Brian Dormer
03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Have a Dewalt - use it - love it! Just be sure the blade is secure and can't spin free. I got a lemon of an arbor nut (the lower one) and the nuts didn't seat right so the blade was loose. 11 bucks and a few days later - replaced both nuts - problem solved. Cuts "like buddah".