PDA

View Full Version : Tables with Pics

Dan Drager
03-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Well they aren't spectacular in design, but I think they turned out pretty nice. They are for my Brother-in-laws new house. The legs and aprons are cherry and the tops and feet are solid birdeye maple. My picture taking is not good enough to really show how nice the tops are. The eye count in the darker areas is insane. All 12 legs were taken from the same Cherry 4" x 4" and have stunning figure as well. As he is a single guy and throws a party now and then, I finished them all with 4 coats of satin wipe-on poly.

Thanks for looking.

Mike Shoemaker
03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Nice work. The tops are very beutiful.

Craig D Peltier
03-25-2007, 11:41 AM
How did you attach apron to legs?
I like thhose tops.Tapers are nice also.
Good job!

Jim Becker
03-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Dan, they turned out really nice!! Your BIL & S is are lucky to have a pro in the family!

George Conklin
03-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I think they turned out great, Dan. I like the simplicity of the design. It works IMHO:) .
Nicely done.

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Dan,

Very nice work and the design is perfect. Your wood choices were spot on and my hat is off to you for your finished project. Excellent. :cool:

Dan Drager
03-25-2007, 10:28 PM
How did you attach apron to legs?

With the legs being just 1 1/4" square at the top, I didn't feel comfortable with a M&T, so I used 3/8" dowels, staggered, 2 per apron side. then I glued large angle peices to the inside of each corner, securing the aprons to each other and the inside corners of the legs for extra stability. Even with the thin legs, you could park a small car on these tables.