PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit..!!!!!!

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Greetings Everyone,

I've had the great pleasure of meeting Nancy Laird of Rio Rancho, NM. Nancy was travelling to visit family and just happened to be passing within 5 miles of my home and needless to say that a Creeker Visit happened. :eek: :D

Nancy is a wonderful person and is a super duper pen turner and laser engraver. Our whole family was so impressed with her personally, and her skills as a turner and laser engraver.

Nancy, come on by anytime you need a "rest break" during your travels. Our home is always open to a fellow Creeker. Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks so much for the Cottonwood. :D

Nancy just "happened" to bring a gift for Tracy and I. Here are two pics, one to prove of the Creeker visit and one for proof of the gift. :cool:

Ken Garlock
03-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey, who is the fat boy with Nancy?:rolleyes: :D

The plaque is fantastic and very thoughtful. Beautiful work Nancy.:cool: :cool:

Jim Becker
03-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Very kewel!!!

Fred Voorhees
03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey, who is the fat boy with Nancy?:rolleyes: :D

Oh....that was so cold!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Creeker visits are the best! I might be just a little bit jealous....

Congrats on both accounts!

Nancy Laird
03-26-2007, 9:19 AM
Hi, all,

I've finally gotten to a computer and can brag on my visit with Dennis and his family. He and his wife Tracy and their four beautiful children welcomed me with open arms and smiles all around. We enjoyed a yummy lasagna dinner, and a tour of the shop was in order. Seems that Dennis' mustard lathe has been getting a workout, as there were half-turned bowls all over the place. But his f---work hasn't suffered either, he had a changing table/chest sitting on the bench waiting for humidity to do its work. As Dennis told you, I took him some cottonwood from New Mexico--in turn he loaded me up with pen blanks and a couple of pieces of bubinga and a piece of elm that I'm going to try to make something special out of; and a piece of Bethlehem olivewood complete with certificate.

Dennis had also turned a small plate out of curly persimmon that is just the right size to put on my dresser and hold earrings, etc. :o I can't post a picture yet but will when I get back to NM.

I want to say a very public Thank You to Dennis and his family for their hospitality and for "taking me in" on Saturday night. I had a good time and I'll definitely be back through Conway again and again (it's right on my route to get to my parents' home). My only gripe is that Dennis posted a picture that looks like I had been sucking on a lemon. I think Tracy caught me in mid-word.

THANK YOU, DENNIS AND TRACY!!!!

Nancy

And now, Collierville, here I come!

Belinda Barfield
03-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Congrats on both counts! Looks like a great visit. The plaque is beautiful, as would be expected of Nancy's work, and a very thoughtful gift. I am envious as I would like to meet both of you (and your families). What a wonderful way to start a vacation!

Glenn Clabo
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Visits are the best...I know I'll never be the same after my visits to John Hart and that Andy guy...;)

Phyllis Meyer
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
That is so awesome! We love company also, anyone heading to the Northwoods of Wisconsin, give us a call. We will feed you (I'm Italian, and my Mama taught me how to cook, so you will not leave hungry)! We have the whole upstairs plus family room for sleeping. You'll find us on our back porch looking at the creek behind our house.

Sincerely,
Ron & Phyllis Meyer:)

Karl Laustrup
03-26-2007, 4:41 PM
Yep, there's not much better than a "Creeker" visit.

Wish I could do more traveling.

Of course any of you "Creekers" up this way, we're less than a mile off I-90/94.

Karl