PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Kent E. Matthew
03-25-2007, 2:09 AM
Hi all. This is my first post so please be gentle. I have been out of woodworking for a little while. Grizzly products seem to be considered a good value here. Any thoughts?

This is probably my best work yet.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/Goose5/bookcase1.jpg

I have been a welder by trade for 25 years and have tried wood working. I am looking forward to participating on this board in the future. Thanks. Sorry to the dial up guys. I thought that picture was small enough.

Bob Childress
03-25-2007, 7:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Kent. :) A very nice barrister bookcase. Lots of friendly folk here, so show us some more of your work.

Don Bullock
03-25-2007, 7:31 AM
Kent, welcome to the "Creek." Nice bookcases. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Jeff Miller
03-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Nice work Kent:cool:

Sometimes my pictures come that size too, depends on what size I uploaded on Photobucket.

Keep the pictures coming,sometimes worth more than a thousand words.:D

Dennis Peacock
03-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to SMC Kent.!!! Nice work you've posted. :D

Sammy Shuford
03-25-2007, 1:07 PM
Fine looking cabinet! And welcome.

What is good deal on a "hobby" welder? Do I need DC for home and trailer projects?

glenn bradley
03-25-2007, 1:08 PM
Welcome aboard! Nice looking unit. Glad to have you and though I don't own any myself yet, Griz is spoken highly of here and the President is a contributing member.

Kent E. Matthew
03-25-2007, 8:53 PM
Fine looking cabinet! And welcome.

What is good deal on a "hobby" welder? Do I need DC for home and trailer projects?
For the home I would recommend the Millermatic Passport. I call it the suitcase welder. It is a portable Mig welder that can handle regular wire or flux core. It can run on both 110 or 220, but so far I really can't tell the difference between the two. With the smaller portable welders I have found that input is the key. Make sure you run it off of at least a 20 amp circuit breaker if you run it off of 110.

By trailor if you mean from scratch fabrication with heavy angle iron I would recommend DC reverse and low hydrogen 7018 stick. And thanks for the welcome.