PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Everyone!

Sam Chambers
12-20-2003, 5:11 PM
I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the kind thoughts regarding my back surgery. The surgery was last night and all went very well. I was released this afternoon around 2:00, so I only spent about 20 hours total in the hospital. It's really amazing how far that surgery has come in the past 15 years or so.

It'll be awhile before I can get back in the shop, and my days of lifting heavy stuff are definitely over. (So much for my dream of winning an Olympic gold medal in power lifting!) But I remain hopeful that I can begin getting some shop time this summer.

For those of you with disc problems, consider the new micro discectomy procedures. The pain down my leg is completely gone, and I could tell the difference as soon as I woke up from anesthesia. I have a fair amount of pain at the surgery site, but it'll go away over the next few weeks. If you need a good neurosurgeon, drop me a note.

Thanks again, folks. I really appreciate your support.

Jason Roehl
12-20-2003, 5:18 PM
A friend of mine had back surgery a few years ago...he said pretty much the same thing you did about the pain being gone instantly. I hope you recover/heal quick!

Don Farr
12-20-2003, 6:05 PM
Thanks so much, this is encouraging. My doctor has been telling me for years that I need back surgery. All I have ever heard was bad stuff. Get well soon and keep up with that PT when they start you on it.
Remember always!!! you will have good days and bad days on your way to recovery. Never look at yesterday but always at last week.
"BE POSITIVE"

Bob Lasley
12-20-2003, 7:34 PM
Sam,

Happy to hear the surgery went well. Godspeed on your recovery.

Bob

Dennis Peacock
12-20-2003, 8:10 PM
Sam....really glad to here all went well. Take is easy and do what the doc says....we just want you to heal up and get back to "normal". My MIL had back surgery a couple of years ago and she does more now than she did in the last 18 years that I have known her....... :)

Tyler Howell
12-21-2003, 8:48 AM
Don't push it. Let the body do it's thing.
Do your therapy!
Tyler

Mike Maikowski
12-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Sam: Wish you a speedy recovery. After a month or so, if you can find one, go to a motor cycle shop and try on a kidney brace that they sell to trail bike riders. It has double adjustments for more support. Had surgery in lower back l-3 l-4 and l-5. Was a long time before i was able to do any kind of lifting. After i got the brace things were lots better. Just watch it and you will be ok. cost of brace is abour 33.00. heal well. Mike

Ted Shrader
12-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Sam -

Great news! It must be gratifying to have seen immediate improvement. Follow the doctor's instructions and don't rush the rest of the recovery so it will be full and complete.

Glad to hear you had such great results!
Ted