PDA

View Full Version : I Met Keith and Jackie Outten Today

Barbara Gill
12-20-2003, 4:21 PM
I had made pens for my teenage age nieces and nephews and at the last minute decided to get them engraved. Luckily Keith was in and could do them for me. He is a very busy fellow. It was only about a 45 min. trip down to his shop. I must have taken up over 1 1/2 hours of his time. Keith showed me around and then we went up to the lazer engraving part of the shop. Let me tell you, the lazer engraving possibilities are awesome. I went home with some really nicely engraved pens and a lot more knowledge about lazer engraving.

Keith Outten
12-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Thanks Barbara for the nice comments and I really enjoyed your visit.

Hopefully you will be able to visit my workshop often and I would love to return the visit when my schedule allows me the time.

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
12-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Luckily Keith was in and could do them for me. He is a very busy fellow. It was only about a 45 min. trip down to his shop. I must have taken up over 1 1/2 hours of his time. Keith showed me around and then we went up to the lazer engraving part of the shop.

I certainly have to agree ... they are some of the nicest folks I've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm lucky enough to live within driving range of Keith's shop, too, living here in Richmond. Even as busy as he is, Keith has always invited me over when I have a project and taken the time to help me out. I could watch him laser engrave things for hours ... wait ... I think I have. I get to go spend some time Monday with him again. I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe I can wrangle an invite to your shop sometime and let you give me some pointers on turning.
Thanks,
Ron

Barbara Gill
12-21-2003, 12:38 PM
You both are invited whenever you get the chance. My shop isn't much to look at but I will show you around.