PDA

View Full Version : Delta unifence closeout at Lowes

James Carmichael
03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry if someone else posted this, but apparently Lowes is closing out the Delta Unifence. They're priced $165 around here (D/FW), but I've heard of some even better deals elsewhere.

Too bad I just bought a Jet fence off of Ebay, it may be going back there if I can persuade SWMBO I need the Delta.

Don Bullock
03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
...Too bad I just bought a Jet fence off of Ebay, it may be going back there if I can persuade SWMBO I need the Delta.

Will she really notice?;) :cool:

James Carmichael
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Will she really notice?;) :cool:

It's a mighty big box:(

Paul Johnstone
03-23-2007, 12:41 PM
It's a mighty big box:(

Keep it in your car. Then when she's asleep, sneak it in :D

Always remember, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Plus you can probably resell your Jet fence for close to what you paid, and only be out the shipping.

Richard Niemiec
03-23-2007, 5:27 PM
Ditto on the sneaking in. Went to Woodcraft (an hour drive for me) with a side trip to Harbor Freight in Allentown PA and brought in the HF stuff but left the Leigh Dovetail jig in the truck to sneak in later 'cause I didn't want to hear "you paid WHAT for THAT?" She likes the chairside chest I built with it though.

Anyways, the women go clothes shopping and do the same thing to us all the time.....

RN

Joe Chritz
03-23-2007, 7:10 PM
I have never snuck anything into the house right after I bought it.

Hide it somewhere a few days and let the heat die down. Everyone knows that. :D Plus it is better to beg forgiveness then ask permission.;)

Joe

Dave Lehnert
03-23-2007, 9:18 PM
I always say “I’m going to pick up a part for a tool in my shop” Because you know what good is a miter gauge if you don’t have a cabinet saw (AKA-the part) to use it with.

Joe Trotter
03-23-2007, 9:54 PM
Sorry if someone else posted this, but apparently Lowes is closing out the Delta Unifence. They're priced $165 around here (D/FW), but I've heard of some even better deals elsewhere.

Too bad I just bought a Jet fence off of Ebay, it may be going back there if I can persuade SWMBO I need the Delta.

There was another post, but I appreciated the reminder. I ordered a T2 from Amazon two days ago. I saw your thread and decided to check with Lowes in Cheyenne, they had two even though the WWW said they didnt have any. They even took a 10% coupon. Now I have a fence that cost more than my saw :D

James Carmichael
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, might try on a Tuesday when she's not home.

Of course, there's a pair of 4-year-old eyes I have to sneak it past as well:confused:

glenn bradley
03-23-2007, 11:23 PM
"Now I have a fence that cost more than my saw :D"

I think there is some kind of rule about that. I think my son's car stereo cost more than the car.

Joe Trotter
03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
"Now I have a fence that cost more than my saw :D"

I think there is some kind of rule about that. I think my son's car stereo cost more than the car.

That is funny :)

Around here I see wheels on cars that cost more than the car, and my car put together.

Apparently it is cool if your wheels are still turning when you are stopped. I am not sure what it means when the car has 4 different colors of prime too :)

I must be getting old :rolleyes:

Seth Poorman
03-24-2007, 12:06 AM

You got to be kidding me!! A $300 fence for $165,? Does that come w/ the 30" rails or the 52" rails??? I didnt know that lows sold unifences,Ive never seen them there...??? :confused:

Anthony Anderson
03-24-2007, 1:27 AM
Seth, It comes with the 30" rails. Still a very good deal on a well thought of fence. Bill

You got to be kidding me!! A $300 fence for $165,? Does that come w/ the 30" rails or the 52" rails??? I didnt know that lows sold unifences,Ive never seen them there...??? :confused:

Brian Boru
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi,
Is this -Delta Unifence - a stealth item at Lowes? :)
I have made 5 - 6 calls and no one seems to know anything about the fence. Anyone know which Lowes carry the Unifence?
Thanks

timothy mckee
03-24-2007, 1:36 PM
will these fences fit on the delta contractor saws

Mike Putnam
03-24-2007, 1:48 PM
tim,

these are designed to fit contractor saws as well, instructions provided explain mounting for Unisaws, Delta contractor saws and "other saws" mine went on a delta contractor no problems just unbolted the T2 fence and bolted the new one on.

mike

Homer Faucett
03-24-2007, 1:55 PM
Hi,
Is this -Delta Unifence - a stealth item at Lowes? :)
I have made 5 - 6 calls and no one seems to know anything about the fence. Anyone know which Lowes carry the Unifence?
Thanks

Don't take their word for it. I pulled the tag and took it to the cash register. The tag is on a display right beside their Delta Contractor's saws--it was an option you could pick--T2, Unifence, or Bies.

They rang it up, but did not know where to have the actual item pulled. The cashier asked me if I knew what I was talking about when I said it was a "table saw fence." She was clueless.

The first guy they sent to get the item kept asking me if it was a tile cutter or a tile saw. When I showed him the display and the part on the saw, he said it must be a blade guard (no joke). After telling him it was a table saw fence 5 or 6 times, he called someone on the "Lowes Phone" and asked me again--so is it a tile cutter or a tile saw?

Finally, 45 minutes later, they found the only guy in the store who had any idea where this thing was being kept. It's a good deal at $165, but it was a lot of hassle after a long day at work. I've got an Incra coming from Amazon, but this will tide me over until that gets shipped.

Seth Poorman
03-25-2007, 1:22 AM
Wow ,thats a great deal !! But im passing on it, I would have jumped if it was a 52"...........:( :( :( Garsh darn it !! :mad:

timothy mckee
03-25-2007, 2:51 AM
James thanks for the heads up..just bought one today. It was sitting on a shelf in the accessory isle..last one.

Larry Rasmussen
03-25-2007, 9:14 AM
right next to the saws, grab and go. that is on highway 99 Northgate area. always nice to seen some quality stuff in the store there.

Brian Boru
03-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks Guys,
After the sixth phone call I decided it was time to visit the local....Lowes :) and low and behold I found one.
Just walk down the aisle where they store the boxed table-saws and other floor machines on the racks. There it was High on a rack.
The staff did not have a clue that the store had such an item in stock, I was repeatedly transfered from tool dept. to the lumber dept..... "fencing" . What a hoot.
$165.00 gets a Delta U30 30-Inch Table Saw Unifence. Good deal.

Seth Poorman
03-27-2007, 1:19 PM
I just called Lowes cause I changed my mind :o ,I guess Ill take a 30" and they had them but they are $300 bills.. I dont get it??

James Carmichael
03-27-2007, 2:20 PM
Seth,

The SKU# is 237666.

They don't usually know what they have. Make sure they know it's a non-stocked item or whatever they call closeouts.

Howie French
03-27-2007, 2:28 PM
just was at my local Lowes (central Mass) , yellow clearance sticker-$255

Howie

Seth Poorman
03-27-2007, 10:36 PM
The sales person said they are non stocked,but they are still $300..:confused:
I wonder if I take one to the register if it will ring up $165 ???
Anyone out there buy one at Indiana Lows for $165 ??

Ralph Barhorst
03-28-2007, 9:33 AM
Seth,

I bought one yesterday at the Lowe's in Troy, Ohio. There was still one left for $165.

You aren't going to sneak it into the house. The box is hugh and it weighs a ton. Very difficult for one person to carry.

Lou Morrissette
03-28-2007, 9:47 AM
just was at my local Lowes (central Mass) , yellow clearance sticker-$255

Howie

Howie,

What Lowes did you see it? Nearest one for me is in Dartmouth.

Lou

Joe Spear
03-28-2007, 3:03 PM
Thanks to James Carmichael for the Unifence alert. I've been haunting our two local Lowes stores ever since he first posted. Yesterday they were still $255. Today: $165. Now that I have mine, selfish woodworker that I am, I will let all of you in or near the Boston area know where they are. I got mine an hour ago at the Danvers store on Rte. 114. There is still one high up on the shelf near the aisle where they make keys. The staff people I talked to all know where it is. They may have others in stock in the back, but I know there is at least that one. I think they also have some Biesemeyer fences, but I don't know the price.

Also, the Woburn store on Commercial Way, just around the corner from Mishawum Rd., had two way up on the shelf. They were listed at $255 yesterday, but they may have come down, too. The Lowes worker in Danvers who got down my Unifence box today was the same person I talked to in Woburn yesterday. They may have more in the back, so ask. Woburn may have Biesemeyers also.

The person down on the Cape should call the Weymouth store to see if they have any. There is also a Lowes in Portsmouth, NH, that some of the North Shore people can check out.

The Unifence is the 36-U30 Commercial model with the 43-inch fence face bar. The box includes a 27" x 14" Biesemeyer table board and two steel legs. It is the same package Amazon,com currently has for $299. It is supposed to have a 30" rip capacity. However, the rail is 61 inches long, and since I never use my fence to the left of the blade, I intend to mount the rail as far right as it will allow the fence to function. My saw table extends 55 inches to the right of the blade, so I think I can get around 45 inches of rip capacity.

One of the reasons I like this forum is the fact that woodworkers from all of the country find out things and let the rest of us know what's going on. Lowes is running a cash register receipt prize promotion, too. I didn't win the trip to the 2008 Final Four, but I did get a $10 gift card, which made the deal even better. Thanks again for the heads up.

James Carmichael
03-28-2007, 4:13 PM
Thanks to James Carmichael for the Unifence alert .

Just send me that $10 gift card and we'll call it even, Joe;)

WW forums are awesome. I've learned a bunch and outfitted my "shop" with some incredible bargains on machines I never would have owned thanks to tips from other folks, so glad I was able to pass one one.

Howie French
03-28-2007, 4:38 PM
Howie,

What Lowes did you see it? Nearest one for me is in Dartmouth.

Lou

Lou,

it was in the Worcester store, I saw one on the floor behind the table saws

Howie

Joe Spear
03-28-2007, 7:37 PM
Sorry, James. My wife wants the upstairs hall painted, and I just spent the card on a mis-mixed can of paint. Stop by if you're ever in New England and I'll bake you a pizza and let you touch my Unifence.

Jim Becker
03-28-2007, 8:07 PM
Stop by if you're ever in New England...and let you touch my Unifence.

Is that allowed in your state?? :eek::p:D

Joe Spear
03-29-2007, 7:40 AM
We were the only state to go for McGovern over Nixon in '72.

James Carmichael
03-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Sorry, James. My wife wants the upstairs hall painted, and I just spent the card on a mis-mixed can of paint. Stop by if you're ever in New England and I'll bake you a pizza and let you touch my Unifence.

Dude, I ain't into that!

Gary Ratajczak
03-30-2007, 9:47 AM
Wow - looked at it last night for $165- had a gift card home, so I told the guy I would b back Fri. I got there at 8:05 - well, at 8:00 the price guy marked it back to $300 - he said if i was a few minutes earlier....

Manager oked it, so with my gift card it was $135.00 out the door for 30" commercial with tables and legs!!

Joe Spear
03-30-2007, 1:00 PM
Congratulations, Gary.

Gary Hoemann
03-30-2007, 1:03 PM
I checked the lowes I usully go to and they said they had two, it was discontinued and was $255. Called another and they said it was $140.25
I asked them to hold it. Went right out, and it was showing $255. They said sell it to him for 140.25. I'm happy

Gary Ratajczak
03-30-2007, 1:29 PM
When i had my close call this morning, the guy told me it was on clearance for $165 from $300. Now the clearance is bak off, and it is on sale for $255 - will most likely go on clearance again.

Since I got them to honor the $165, I took it.

If anyone is wandering by a Lowes, I would keep an eye on the price. If it now went to $255, they might clearance it for less than the previous $165.

Up-packed it at lunch - MUCH nicer than the stock fence on my Contractors. Mine is an older saw - the fence is better than the low cost ones shipped with todays saws, but not even close to the quality of the Unifence. Can't wait to get her installed!!!

Rick Moyer
04-03-2007, 9:12 PM
If I keep reading these posts I'm gonna have to get a second AND third job! Anyway, went to Lowe's tonight to check on this. Laying there on the floor next to the saws was one big box of Delta U30 table saw fence, with a tag reading "was $300 -- Clearance $165". (it also said "hey Rick, you can't pass this up now can you?"). So, I hoist it onto my shoulder and march to the check-out. The lady rings it up............$140.25. Apparently the 15% off power tools applies to the fence, too. So now I also have a fence worth more than my saw (old Craftsman) but hey a $300 plus fence for $140.25 will make the saw nicer to use.
Unofficial gloat as it's still in the box, in the car; don't tell my wife;)

Kirk Brown
04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Bought a 36-U30 at Lowes today for$123 and change before tax. Original price was $300. Manager would not drop the price anymore than that. He said the Delta is changing a lot of things and a lot of Delta stuff is, and will be on clearance at Lowes. Keep your eyes open. :eek:

Pat Zabrocki
04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
That's brilliant.... so if I understand correctly, we buy the stuf, hide it and then bring it in when no one's watching. Where was this wisdom two divorces ago?

Richard Butler
04-27-2007, 8:46 AM
will these fences fit on the delta contractor saws

Yes. The instructions cover contractor saw installation too.

Jim O'Dell
04-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, I reported here http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56460 last weekend that the Lowes in Weatherford, TX had 2 in the box at 89.95 each. Guess some stores want to get rid of them faster than others!! Jim.

James Carmichael
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Unofficial gloat as it's still in the box, in the car; don't tell my wife;)

Rick,

We'll let you off with a warning since you did stipulate it's unofficial, but Rules Of The Creek state that all official gloats must be accompanied by pictures.

Rick Moyer
04-27-2007, 5:23 PM
Rick,

We'll let you off with a warning since you did stipulate it's unofficial, but Rules Of The Creek state that all official gloats must be accompanied by pictures.
OK James, I tried to upload it here but I have already uploaded it to another thread and couldn't here. You can see it at the thread call:

Help; installing Unifence on Craftsman saw