PDA

View Full Version : What to See/Do around Nashville?

Dan Gill
03-23-2007, 8:49 AM
I'm going to be in the Franklin, TN area south of Nashville next weekend for an Outdoor Ministry Network conference, and I'll be loose the morning of Sat. Mar. 31. The guy going with me is not a woodworker, but he might just take the opportunity to sleep in.

What's a good place to go/thing to do on that morning? I've never been in Nashville. I'll have a car.

I'm not restricted to woodworking related stuff. A nice drive or short hike in the woods would be good, too.

I figure Creekers know just about everything.:)

(I have no idea where October came from.)

Nancy Laird
03-23-2007, 9:16 AM
Dan, I presume you meant March rather than October? I lived in Nashville for four years and the city in spring is beautiful. Just a drive around the city will show off the spring flowers and the dogwoods might be in bloom. If you're into shopping a little, there is an outlet mall near Opryland called Opry Mills, with all sorts of shops, including one where you can watch guitars being made behind the glass. There is a Bass Pro shop nearby. If you are into country music, don't miss some of the sights around Opryland and downtown along Music Row. If you're into more cultural things, check out the Parthenon--a scaled reproduction of the one in Athens. Creeker Chris Barton lives in Brentwood (one of the suburbs), and I'd bet that he would have more suggestions.

Nancy

Maury Morneault
03-23-2007, 1:18 PM
Dan,

Try this link.
http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/Attractions
Scroll down to the "Find it Fast" section and select the attraction that suits you. Then, if you get really bored, theres always the Woodcraft store in Franklin.

Enjoy,
Maury