PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
03-23-2007, 7:01 AM
Friday March 23rd, 2007

Well, another work week is coming to an end. :)

Weather here has been mixed. Had a couple cold nights and had a couple of thunder storms rumble through. Supposed to be a wee bit warmer now with more rain this weekend.

I will be heading to the airport Saturday to drop off LOML [for a conference in Phoenix] and my mom. Mom is heading for my brother's place in Tigard, OR for about a month. LOML will be back Thursday evening.

To what do you aspire as the weekend approaches? It is getting to be work in the yard time for some of you further south than I. Gardens need to be planted. We're still a few weeks away from that I think.

Whatever it may be, as always may it be fun and above all safe. :)

Karl

Mario Lucchesi
03-23-2007, 7:33 AM
I am going to pick up a Unisaw this morning and will spend the weekend rearanging the layout to make room. I know, I will post a few pics on monday.

Thomas Prondzinski
03-23-2007, 8:38 AM
My son and I are going to the Donnie Smith bike show an sat.Maybe take the bikes as it is supposed to be 60+ on sat. Then sunday back in shop to finish table for wood show,work on desk,night stand for customer.

Tom

Alan Greene
03-23-2007, 8:55 AM
I am going to finish my cabinets for my TS storage and hopefully watch some international football (soccer).

Jim Becker
03-23-2007, 8:59 AM
I have swimming duty with the younger (older is on her first sleepover tonight, so I took her to Karate last night in lieu of Saturday), but will hopefully work on finishing the hall table and cherry mirror projects if I can get the temps up enough in the shop to do a good job. I have a little shop rearrangement to complete now that the router station is completed and I also need to do some fence adjustments on the saw. Oh, and I probably should get working a little more on our taxes...

Nancy Laird
03-23-2007, 9:09 AM
I'm hopping into my car around noon to take off on a week's vacation--heading to Tennessee and Mississippi to visit family and friends, and have a couple of Creeker visits planned while I'm gone. Hubby is going to stay home and make sawdust. So if you're along I-40 and see a silver Windstar with New Mexico plates streaking along, that's me.

Nancy

Belinda Barfield
03-23-2007, 9:23 AM
I'll be pulling winter flowers, and planting summer flowers. This may be a weather gloat - Saturday will be the first official pool day with a high Saturday of 85. Have a couple of rockers I have put off refinishing, and will probably pull those out of storage to make sure they haven't turned to dust.

Maybe I'll post some pool pics. Those of you planting a garden might need some scary photos to get rid of those pesky crows! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-23-2007, 9:26 AM
Mike Brooks called to say he had 20 bowl blanks ready for me to pickup. Saturday, the LOML and I are going to fire up Bruiser and go get them. Saturday afternoon......do some "fix ups" around the house.....Sunday, turn something.....anything.....got more turning to do......

Ron Hedrick
03-23-2007, 9:42 AM
I have my T-track and all of my materials. I believe that I have everything that I need to begin on my crosscut sled. I'm drawing my inspiration from Mark Marzluf. That is what I have planned. I would also like to ask a question. I have a Hitachi C10FL TS. I realize that it is not a Unisaw, but, I love her just the same. My question is this. I would like to either make or purchase a Zero Clearance Table insert. On the far end of the insert it uses a spring type clip to hold the insert in place. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nancy Laird
03-23-2007, 9:52 AM
I've heard of using a small bent finishing nail as a clip. Don't know how well it works, but...

Nancy

Greg Cole
03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Taxes.... ew. Might as well just do it, not sure why I dread getting $ back though:confused: . It's supposed to rain all weekend here & getting to the lovely time of year to spend some time in the basement when the sky turns green & black and those dang WWII air raid sirens sound off. Ahhhh, spring in the Mid-West, makes me want to relocate back to New England.

Shop time will be applying a couple coats of finish to a maple & cherry coffee table & maybe a few hours on the "hanging jewlery box" for LOML.

Cheers.

Greg

Jim Becker
03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Taxes.... ot sure why I dread getting $ back though

Dollars back??? 'Long time since that's happened around here...(by design)

Ted Miller
03-23-2007, 1:35 PM
LOML has to work late tonight and tomorrow, now I guess I have to spend all weekend in my shop all alone. Sometimes its rough to have this much shop time on your hands. (Hope wife does not have access to this board)...

Al Willits
03-23-2007, 2:12 PM
Have to work Sat, but hopefully get a chance to install the T tracks on my TS sled (thank you btw) and do some more cleaning.
Sunday is cleaning and getting ready for the last practice (I hope) cabinet before starting the kitchen cabinets, and having Monday off will let me get over to the lumber yard and get a couple sheets of shop grade birch for the cabinet, next step...the good plywood...:)

Also hopefully get the DRO adjusted on the planer and maybe plane some cherry I have for a coffee/end tables set I have to do soon.

Al ...so many projects..so little skill.....ought to be interesting:D

Ted Miller
03-23-2007, 2:18 PM
Al, I noticed you love to clean on the weekends. Um do you think you could come by my shop and help me clean for a while?, I am clean freak as well but could always use some help...

Jerry Olexa
03-23-2007, 2:23 PM
Karl: You'd better get to work on that headboard:D :) so it'll be done in time... I'm finishing up taxes, My little grandaughter may stay overnight tonight and have some misc shop projects and garage cleanup if weather cooperates tommorrow. Also, Need to install a new wood storage rack..And The NCAA BB games..

Al Willits
03-23-2007, 2:52 PM
Ted, love to, please send me directions and air fare, also I like Captain Morgan and pepsi, Rib eye medium rare and usually put in a good hour to hour and a half cleaning, between meals/naps/drinks...I'll be waiting for that first class ticket...pick me up at the airport will ya...

Oh.....can you explain to the Shebeast, why and where I'm going???

Al.....who ain't gonna tell her... nope, I ain't recovered from the last beating...:D

Ron Hedrick
03-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Thank you, I'll see what I can do with your suggestion.

Mike Langford
03-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I used yesterday and today to finally organize all my clamps.....made some 2x4 hanger for my bar clamps and fastened 2x4 blocks for my quick grips......now they're not stacked on the benches or leaning in the corners......
61045 61046

61047 61048

Don Bullock
03-25-2007, 7:41 AM
I'm spending all weekend at dog shows. More on that to come.