PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Jerry Houwer
03-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, I'm finally got up enough moxie to introduce myself. Jerry Houwer the name and logging is my game. I also have a bandsaw mill and dry kiln. I've been reading the posts for about a week, and am amazed by all the wonderful projects being completed. I was introduced to this forum by my neighbor Bill Fourness. I need to learn a lot and this seems to be the right place to get help. BTW how do I insert a neat quote like what so many of you have done?:confused: .

Paul Douglass
03-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome Jerry. I think you put the quote in the signature in your profile. Not sure I haven't done one. Glad you are here..

Don Bullock
03-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Jerry, welcome to the "Creek." If you run a saw mill you may become a very popular member to those in your area.;) If you're looking for some people with excellent skills and the willingness to share their ideas and thoughts, you have come to the right place. I'm fairly new here too.

To add your name or a quote to all your posts go to User CP at the top of the page. Select Edit Signature from the menu on the left side. Type what you want to say in the box (you are not allowed to link to a website) and click on Save Signature.

glenn bradley
03-23-2007, 12:06 AM
First, Welcome. Second, click on 'User CP' in the upper right of the screen in the blue menu bar, then click on 'Edit Signiture'. Type your signiture in the field and click the 'Save Signature' button.

Karl Laustrup
03-23-2007, 6:34 AM
Welcome Jerry. Good to have you hanging out.

Pictures. We like pictures.

You say you have a bandsaw mill and kiln. :confused: ;) I can't see them. ;) :)

Now, I don't suppose you're anywhere near south central Wisconsin?

Karl

William Fourness
03-23-2007, 7:30 AM
This is a great place here, so many helpful and wonderful experenced people here. I think together you and I can offer these people here some outstanding turning stock and lumber here and they can help us by letting us know there interests and needs. The lumber and slabs Penn's Woods sells has mostly come from Jerry. You want to get around this week and get some pictures of the mill up and all your toys you have, I'd be happy to come over this weekend and help do so.
Jerry's been the one providing the lumber, and has access to logging left overs, plus the mill and kiln and I have the knowledge of selling on line, an have the on line store, and the wood turning stock so we thought we'd team up.
Make yourself at home.
Thanks again for every.

Bill

Penn's woods

Mark Singer
03-23-2007, 8:04 AM
Welcome Jerry....you will like it here....and if you don't ten I guess I was wrong:confused:

Doug Shepard
03-23-2007, 8:32 AM
Jerry - welcome to SMC. While you're in the User CP, editing your profile to show your location is also a good idea. That way when you ask stuff like "where can I find ...." and forget to mention where you live, folks can give you suggestions for local places.

Alan Greene
03-23-2007, 8:59 AM
Welcome Jerry, I am sure you will enjoy the company.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-23-2007, 9:26 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jerry!

Ron Hedrick
03-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Hmmm, seeing as how Jerry is in the lumber business, how many have already added him to their buddy list. Welcome Jerry, very new here myself, but loving it.

Ryan Bess
03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm brand new here myself, and am I ever glad I joined. In the span of just two days, I've met someone who lives less than an hour away from me willing to let me test drive his Unisaw. Welcome to the Creek, it is a wonderful place!

Ted Miller
03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome Jerry, Ok now what kind of lumber do you have for sale and what state are you in, LOL, just kidding, I just had to raze you, welcome again...