PDA

View Full Version : grizzly GO632

Bob Hampton
03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Has anyone seen any reveiws on this lathe yet?
just wondering if its worth looking at for the price difference between it and the jet.
thanks
Bob

David Stonner
03-22-2007, 11:24 AM
i was just in the grizzly springfield, mo. store yesterday to lay my hands on one and look it over really well. they said it has been delayed and will arrive in three to four more weeks. i did, however, look at the other grizzly lathes. not impressed at all. extremely rough castings, grindy (is that a word?) tailstock rams, poorly-finished and nicked bedways, chintzy toolrests, etc. they ran a 1495 in the demo room for me...lowest speed is a little high (500 rpm) and was really noisy and vibrated alot. with all that said, i'd like to give the 0632 a good going-over when they get one in stock, though. i hope the 0632 will finally be a real lathe offering from grizzly. but to answer your question, no there are no reviews yet.

dave

Christopher K. Hartley
03-22-2007, 4:43 PM
Bob, if you are going big, go with the Jet. They are very solid. Wish you were close to Houston I have a great deal on one. Unfortunately it isn't a variable speed.:)

Bob Hampton
03-22-2007, 5:42 PM
thanks Dave and Chris for the replys
I was just wondering about that lathe but think i may steer toward the jet ...my upgrade time is coming in a couple months so have been shopping and looking...seen lots of good one's and some hefty $'s to...always seem to come back to that jet thou...guess cause everything else i have is jet...BS,TS,jointer, hec think i even have a "jet hammer" here somewhere!..lol...might as well keep the match going havent had a bit of trble with all the others.
thanks
Bob