PDA

View Full Version : My Little Rented Shop

Eugene A. Manzo III
03-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I rent one bay of a garage wich is about 10' x 16' unheated in Maine. I have a sickness ---- I love to get New,Used,Broken,Free whatever tools you can imagine this seems to be a common illness here:) Is there any Cure for this Illness ?? I brought my little Grandson out to the little space today he was in old clothes and had safety glasses on. I showed him how to get in the shop I told him we can work on wood in here. He looked at me and said "Teach Me" I glowed because I know he will think I'm good at it:) We started out by having a safety talk about machines then he grabed for a fairly new Makita drill and i handed him an old DeWalt and a hand full of screws and we joined a couple of pices of scrap together. He then asked about the drill press and i said i'll show you I proceeded to put a bit in it and He cationed me to be careful:) . We drilled three hole and he pulled the wheel around... Then we cut of a piece of the project with a hack saw he loved it.. So I guess its not important what your shop looks like only what you do in it. I love My New Apprentice and my little rented shop.

glenn bradley
03-22-2007, 1:05 AM
Very cool Eugene. The little one is building memories.

Michael Ballent
03-22-2007, 2:58 AM
Great story, I look forward to the day my little one wants to head out to the shop.

Tyler Howell
03-22-2007, 8:39 AM
Yeah !!! You have all the symptoms.
Buy tools, Spend a lots of time in the shop With the Grand son.
And call me in the morning.
That will be $100.00 please :rolleyes::D .

Brian Keith
03-22-2007, 9:33 PM
Nice to see you spending quality time with your grandson. Looks like we dont live to far from each other either.