PDA

View Full Version : I kind of feel bad about this gloat....

Robert McGowen
03-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I saw on one of the posts a while back a photo of a Jet mini with an extension on a stand. I did not realize that you could get a STAND extension also. I found it new on Amazon with free shipping and 20% off (less than $40 total), so I just had to get it. :)
After it arrived, the L.O.M.L. came out into the shop to see what I was doing and I showed her the Jet on the newly acquired stand. She said that she could NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, that it LOOKED THE SAME to her. Oh well, I guess she won't be able to tell the difference between my current miter saw and the Makita 12" compound sliding miter saw that will take it's place next week! :o

Neal Addy
03-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Quick, buy a Mayo and tell her your mini grew overnight! Maybe she won't know the difference.

Barry Stratton
03-22-2007, 2:43 AM
Quick, buy a Mayo and tell her your mini grew overnight! Maybe she won't know the difference.

....or buy a PM3520 and a case of white spray paint:D

Andy Hoyt
03-22-2007, 9:02 AM
The more important question is:

Does this mean that you get a free pass on not noticing her new hairdo the next time she come home from the beauty parlor?

Jim Young
03-22-2007, 5:17 PM
She said that she could NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, that it LOOKED THE SAME to her. Not here, my wife can tell when a new board gets added to the lumber pile, and my pile is plentyfull.

Bill Wyko
03-22-2007, 5:59 PM
I saw on one of the posts a while back a photo of a Jet mini with an extension on a stand. I did not realize that you could get a STAND extension also. I found it new on Amazon with free shipping and 20% off (less than $40 total), so I just had to get it. :)
After it arrived, the L.O.M.L. came out into the shop to see what I was doing and I showed her the Jet on the newly acquired stand. She said that she could NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, that it LOOKED THE SAME to her. Oh well, I guess she won't be able to tell the difference between my current miter saw and the Makita 12" compound sliding miter saw that will take it's place next week! :owanna bet?:D

Christopher K. Hartley
03-22-2007, 6:45 PM
Robert, I know someone suggested a Mayo,:confused: but don't settle for second best.:D Go with a Robust.:p You can tell her it got dirty.:eek:

Bill Wyko
03-22-2007, 7:43 PM
It's not so much the tool you turn on but the turning the tool turns out.:D(say that 5 times fast):p I'm on a jet mini too and it is a little dynamo.:D

Bill Wyko
03-22-2007, 7:51 PM
The reason it is so powerful is because it's the only wood work that starts as a rough peice of wood and rigtht before your eyes it transforms into a thing of beauty. Not instantly but in a manner which allows you to not only control the outcome but to fall in love with it as it transforms into that thing of beauty. F work has to be cut and peiced together where as turning appears right before your eyes. Carving, while it produces a thing of beauty, doesn't transform at 1240 rpm's. So as a peice is turning it draws you right into the trance which is better known as .....the Vortex!
Am I right?:D :D :D :D I don't know how this happened but this was supposed to be its own thread. If a moderator can move this i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Christopher K. Hartley
03-22-2007, 9:26 PM
Robert, I know someone suggested a Mayo,:confused: but don't settle for second best.:D Go with a Robust.:p You can tell her it got dirty.:eek:Just a clairification...Mayo is "The Other Big One" :eek: :D Jet is "Mayo Lite" :cool: and I still own one and stand by it.:)

Jeff Myers
03-23-2007, 8:17 AM
Ha! I remember last year sneaking a 14" band saw into the basement shop,,,the missus rarely comes down to the shop, but the night i was
just finishing up setting the saw up, i hear her coming downstairs,,,
now since i knew she'd be upset over the unannounced purchase,,,i quickly ran to the lathe and grabbed up a huge handfull of shavings
and "christened" the new band saw just before the missus turned the
corner,,,,,she never questioned the purchase!!!! :)

Bill Wyko
03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Jeff, been there....done that.:D :D :D :DIt was a belt sander though.