PDA

View Full Version : A new Discovery and Dream Gloat

Christopher K. Hartley
03-21-2007, 8:08 PM
This is probably old hat to some of you ancient ones( who shall remain nameless) But I just got my new WoodTurners Catalog today. WOW!!:eek: :eek: :D I didn't know that anyone put ALL the neat woodturning goodies in one place.:cool: It is really nice going to one catalog just for woodturners and not cluttered up with all that flatwork stuff. So my gloat is a gloat to dream by. If some of you new guys are interested it comes from Craft Supplies USA. Made my day!:)

Brian McInturff
03-21-2007, 8:15 PM
Christopher,
What's on the cove? I'm just curious if it's the one I have or if I should be looking for a new one in the mail. Thanks, Brian

Jim Becker
03-21-2007, 8:29 PM
Yes, they have a lot of stuff. But I still prefer Packard Woodworks for turning stuff any day over Craft Supplies. (Their new spring catalog also just came out)

Leo Pashea
03-21-2007, 9:00 PM
Yes, they have a lot of stuff. But I still prefer Packard Woodworks for turning stuff any day over Craft Supplies. (Their new spring catalog also just came out)

I whole heartedly agree Jim. The folks at Packard Woodworks (Brad and his staff) have been very good to deal with for years. If I don't buy it locally, it comes from Packard. Along with Lee Valley, they are the best, IMO.

Christopher K. Hartley
03-21-2007, 9:46 PM
Christopher,
What's on the cove? I'm just curious if it's the one I have or if I should be looking for a new one in the mail. Thanks, BrianIt's the 2006/2007 fall issue with Pine Bowls on the cover.:)

Christopher K. Hartley
03-21-2007, 9:49 PM
Yes, they have a lot of stuff. But I still prefer Packard Woodworks for turning stuff any day over Craft Supplies. (Their new spring catalog also just came out)Ok, I hear that, but tell me why you prefer it? Is it price, service or something else? Inquiring minds want to know...:eek: :)

Dario Octaviano
03-21-2007, 10:28 PM
It's the 2006/2007 fall issue with Pine Bowls on the cover.:)

I thought they came out with a new one...I had that since September last year! :D;)

Haven't tried Packard or LeeValley but I am very pleased with CSUSA's service. I usually wait for a deal before purchasing though.

Christopher K. Hartley
03-22-2007, 7:06 AM
I thought they came out with a new one...I had that since September last year! :D;)

Haven't tried Packard or LeeValley but I am very pleased with CSUSA's service. I usually wait for a deal before purchasing though.Just goes to show, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy.:)

Hilel Salomon
03-22-2007, 7:54 AM
I've had nothing but good luck with Craft supplies. Their technical support is excellent, service is very good. By the same token, Lee Valley has been excellent as has Highland Hardware. The truth is that I've also had good luck with Packard, Woodchips, Woodcraft and most of the other mail order places. Of the manufacturers, Oneway has been great. For the absolute best in service, price and advice, though, I get into my car and drive to Mann Tools in Columbia. It's not only that I'm supporting a local dealer, but the fact is that they are fabulous. When they recommend a tool, I find that they are right on target. My only complain about them is that twice a year, they drive me bankrupt with their 10% off of everything sale- I think that the next one is at the end of this month
Now in keeping with my promise in an earlier thread about praise and complaints, I won't mention the miserable dealings I've had with one manufacturer and a few dealers.

Bill Blasic
03-22-2007, 8:47 AM
Packard and Craft Supplies both support my club Presque Isle Woodturners and likewise I support both with alternating orders. Both give excellant service and you can't go wrong ordering from either one.

Jason Slutsky
03-22-2007, 9:07 AM
Thanks for the tip about Packard...I just ordered a catalog. :D

I've only dealt with CSU, Penn St., Woodcraft, & Lee Valley in the past. Anyone else have anyone they like to deal with that wasn't mentioned?