PDA

View Full Version : Danckaert 48" sander

Dan Long
03-21-2007, 3:44 PM
HI I was looking at a 48" sander unable to go in person to look at it. The owner did not know nothng about it.
I am hoping that someone here can help me fill in some missing blanks.
I am looking at tarying to find out the motor size and the weight along with the quality of it pus any more info tha you might be able to supply.
Thanks Dan

Mitchell Andrus
03-21-2007, 3:51 PM
Welcome to the Creek.

Contact the company and see if there is an on-line manual available.

Rick Lizek
03-21-2007, 4:52 PM
Danckaert is out of business as I understand it. A machine like that will be three phase with 25 to 30 hp for the main motor and weigh in around 4,000 lbs. Unless you are good with rebuilding machines it might be something to pass up and buy something with tech support.

Paul Johnstone
03-21-2007, 5:47 PM
Usually it's a bad sign when the owner claims to know nothing about it.

Not accusing the seller of anything, but that's a big red flag to me.

I remember seeing an ad for something. I asked the seller "Does it work?" He said, "I don't know anything about these". When I asked "Does the motor spin when you plug it in?", he got real evasive.

He might be only be trying to hide that it is 3 phase. He might be trying to hide something else.

I certainly wouldn't commit to buy a machine that big without looking at it first and seeing it at least powered on. Don't worry, there will be other deals that come along..

Charles McKinley
03-22-2007, 2:14 PM
Do you have a way to MOVE it? The cost of moving large equipment can be many times the cost of the machine.

Does the machine require compressed air?

This would be an appropriate question for over at woodweb. It is a professional forum and are just shy of hostile to hobiest questions depending on the day, but very nice to appropriate questions. They also have a nice classified section.