PDA

View Full Version : and on the 10th day he created bonkers

Doug M Jones
03-21-2007, 8:11 AM
Got my Jet Mini 10 days ago but had ordered tools through the local turning club so I've been unable to turn. Went to the club meeting last nite and THE TOOLS WERE HERE!!!!:D Had to get up early this morning and make some sawdust out of some scrap red oak I had. Pen blanks and parts are on the way so hopefully I will be able to post a picture of a real project soon. I used all 8 tools in the set to make this bonker. Probably used some in a way not the way they were intended to be used but had a blast. The insanity has started. With work today and church tonight, don't think I will have time to turn anymore today.

Hmm, throat is a little scratchy, head a little clogged. Maybe I shouldn't infect anyone.:cool: Shoot, the blanks I ordered are supposed to be delivered at work today, guess I'd better go.

Bernie Weishapl
03-21-2007, 8:15 AM
Mighty fine looking bonker Doug. Welcome to the never ending black hole of turning. Keep'em coming.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-21-2007, 9:19 AM
Doug....Great looking bonker! Keep it in mind....there is no ending to this addiction...........You're now officially a spin crack addict!

Paul Engle
03-21-2007, 9:50 AM
Ah, bonker alley. You know Doug .... you are doomed to the vortex, of course this is only the beginning. Bonkers are only good for hitting fish on the head and you won't be doin much fishing now that you have your lathe :eek: unless you figure out a way to ' fish n' turn ' :rolleyes: .Now you will have to make stuff that " normal " people can use....Welcome to the vortex!!!

Jim Becker
03-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Definitely a fine bonker!

Brett Baldwin
03-21-2007, 3:17 PM
Welcome to the Vortex Doug.

Neal Addy
03-21-2007, 3:50 PM
Mighty fine lookin' bonker, Doug. Welcome to the obsession.

You're gonna love that mini. It's a workhorse.

Now, let's start the pool on how long before Doug's next lathe. I'm down for 10 months.

Doug M Jones
03-21-2007, 4:50 PM
Neal,
You can up the complexity of the pool... Mustard, Mayo or Mayo-lite

Jonathon Spafford
03-21-2007, 7:27 PM
Fine bonker.... looks like you got the hang of this thing! For learning different tool use get Richard Raffan's Turning Wood... great book. Also get in with a local club if you haven't already and get on of the guys to give you some hands on help. Looks like you're already off to a great start!!!!