PDA

View Full Version : Gumball anyone?

Chad Pater
12-19-2003, 11:30 AM
I love seeing others shop and project photo's so....
I got ideas from photo's on abpw about a month ago came up with this. I have another one about done with "plinko" style pegs for the gumball to drop down (instead of the ramps). I can post them if there is interest.
This is my first project posting and if I wasn't nervous enough about my ww skills, a while back on this form I learn about the expertise in photography this group holds. :eek: I tried my best on both accounts.

Chad

Noah Alkinburgh
12-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Chad,

That is very cool! I have seen alot of gumball machines but almost invariably they are the kind with a Ball cannin jar on top. That is so very unique. I would love to see the plinko style.

I am really glad you decided to post.

Noah

Tyler Howell
12-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Nice Chad,
What is abpw??

Tyler

Bob Lasley
12-19-2003, 1:29 PM
Awesome Chad,

I bet the kids will love that. Looks to me like your woodworking skills are coming along just fine. Nothing wrong with the photography either. Please do post pics of the plinko style.

Thanks,
Bob

Jason Tuinstra
12-19-2003, 2:32 PM
Chad, it looks great. Thanks for posting. Now, how are you going to get that gumball to me? :confused: I have DSL, but I don't think that's even going to help in downloading that promised gumball! :D

Keith Outten
12-19-2003, 4:58 PM
My entry into the gumball machine arena. Made this decades ago from walnut and oak. To this day my wife and I cannot keep the machine full of gumballs :)

Chad Pater
12-19-2003, 8:09 PM
Nice Chad,
What is abpw??

Tyler
It's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. It a "newsgroup" or some call it usernet.

Chad Pater
12-20-2003, 9:21 AM
Chad, it looks great. Thanks for posting. Now, how are you going to get that gumball to me? :confused: I have DSL, but I don't think that's even going to help in downloading that promised gumball! :D
Notice I didn't say anything about delivery. I'll be around all day if you want to pick a few up.

Terry Quiram
12-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Chad

Your gum ball machine is very nice. This is one I made 20 years ago when the only tools I had were a skil saw, drill press and router. The pic doesn't show it, but it is VERY crude but I wouldn't sell or give it away for any amount of money. I made this for my sons when the were young. Made of pine, the miters don't even come close to being tight. The bottom of the bin was to be 4 segments with a taper to the center hole. I made a depression by sanding. Its 9" tall 5" wide and 3.5" deep. There is a hole in the cross shaft deep enough to allow 1 gum ball to be rolled into an angle drilled hole. Some day I will make more. Maybe with a hinged face cause the glass is pretty cloudy on the inside and can't be cleaned.

Terry

Mark Hulette
12-21-2003, 1:35 PM
Hey Chad- Looks really neat. I've wanted to try one of those for Christmas presents for a long time. I tried the "apbw" you mentioned but didn't have any luck as I'm not familiar with the UseNet setup. Any tips or help you can give would be appreciated!

Please post the plinko version, too.

Daniel Rabinovitz
12-22-2003, 4:23 PM
Chad
Neat Oh!
Best Regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Daniel
:cool:

Dave Crabbs
12-22-2003, 5:18 PM
Chad,
Nice gumball machine. It reminds me of the marble game my dad made when I was a kid only thing different is that gumballs taste better then the marbels :) I sure would like to see your "plinko" gumball machine.

Dave