PDA

View Full Version : Just going and saying How You Doing?

Scott Coffelt
02-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Just found this place over the last day or so. I trend to follow a couple of forums depending on my work load. This place seems pretty cool and like the lay out.

To introduce myself. Obviously, I live in the Kansas City area, Olathe, Kansas actually, but how many folks would know where that is if I didn't provide the KC.

I have been creating dust since the 7th grade, although my real passion began about 15 years ago. I have slowly gone from some basic tools (router, circular saw, jig saw, etc.) to a nice basement shop. I have enough tools now that I wish I had tons more room for new tools.

I have a lovely wife and two kids, my boy is three and looks like he may follow in my footsteps, my daughter is 16. I have to keep a really big stick around to keep the boys away.

I am in the process of creating an official small business. I plan on making custom mirrors, furniture and other stuff. I have got links into a interior designer and a developer/realitor, so there is a nice opportunity ahead of me.

Well, that's enough about me. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Ken Salisbury
02-28-2003, 11:00 AM
<p align="center">"Glad to see you here Scott"

Bob Lasley
02-28-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey Scott,

Glad you made it and welcome.

Bob

Ted Shrader
02-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Scott -

Welcome to the Mill. I know where Olathe is. I grew up in Great Bend and went to KU. (BSEE '78)

Pull up a chair,
Ted

Ron McNeil
02-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek Scott. The water in this creek is great not to mention some very good and talented wood workers. Not only is this wood forum going to be a very good one it's going to be a place to really call home. At least thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.:p

Steve Roxberg
02-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the creek from another KC woodworker. I live in Overland Park.

Did you do any damage at the Woodcraft 10% off sale yesterday?

Do you buy wood from Liberty Hardwoods, they are the best and the cheapest in town from my experience.