PDA

View Full Version : hide bitmap box

Russ Countess
03-20-2007, 6:01 PM
I understand this is a no-brainer, but it's just not clicking...
I am wanting to takeout background in photos. I send it to Corel and edit bitmap, takeout background, feather, etc.

When I bring it back into Corel and want to engrave on marble, etc., I create a black box and try to place photo inside black box. I can't figure out how to remove the visable white box which was made when saved as a bitmap. :confused: How do I create the black background so that I can send it to Photograv? Thanks for your help!

Russ

Dave Jones
03-20-2007, 6:15 PM
Method #1 = Create a clipping mask in PhotoPaint when taking the background out. CorelDraw can use this to cut out the shape of the image when you place it over a black rectangle.

Method #2 = It's probably easier to simply put a black background in while taking out the original background in PhotoPaint. Set the background to black and/or place a black object under the image so you see black there while still in PhotoPaint. (or paint black on top of the photo)

Greg Sloan
03-24-2007, 8:34 PM
Russ,

Before you save your image as a bitmap, in the lower left corner of the tool bar, you should see three square boxes. One is foreground color, two is background color and three is fill. double click on background color, change it to black. When saved as a bitmap, photo-paint should say image will be merged with background, or something to that effect. As long as you change it to black it will save as black. I hope I explained it right not to good at explaining technical stuff. but it works.

Good luck!