PDA

View Full Version : Oak Box.

Paul Engle
03-20-2007, 9:53 AM
This box was a taunt from LOML about cleaning up shop.....well I fixed her boy golly, I glued up this box but needed to go to Spokane WC to get exotic wood for the lid.... lol..... and some other stuff . the box is 7 in dia by 5 in high, lid ( fairly snug) is Padauk and final is Claro Walnut, the pic is lousy as photo tent not avail. finished in wipe on poly, with the lid and final in Deft lacquer spray. I almost cannot part with it as I really liked the changes in the grain from the different layers, I alternated edge grain , then end grain . etc up the box.

Bernie Weishapl
03-20-2007, 1:59 PM
Paul that box is a beauty. I think I would have trouble letting go also. I like the form and finish. Nice job.

Paul Engle
03-20-2007, 3:34 PM
Thanks Bernie, co worker saw it and ... snif ..tis gone.:( ..but I got 35$ for it:D but I gave it to the LOML :( , but she let me order a super nova 2:D , but now I have glue all the scrap in the shop and turn it:( , but I have to sell it to pay for the chuck:D . ( 2$ for the lid stock and the rest was scrap.. boy doritos got nuthun on me...well maybe a billion or two .....)

Keith Burns
03-20-2007, 3:42 PM
Thats a winner Paul ! I like the layers! Great job:) :)

Neal Addy
03-20-2007, 4:35 PM
Very nice, Paul! I like the lid/finial.

Bill Wyko
03-20-2007, 5:04 PM
Nice job Paul. I'm the same way. If I can't at least visit my work......you can't have my work!:p