PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
12-19-2003, 9:43 AM
Good Friday Mornin' All,

Christmas is bearing down on me, but I think I'm just going to come in under the wire. Though it pains me greatly :D , I am exiling myself to the shop for the entire weekend. By Sunday I should be putting finish on all my projects and will hopefully be done by Wednesday. Hmm, may have to take a day or two off work..........come to think of it, I may just take off this afternoon........that is providing our customers will behave themselves and not break anything!

So what's on the menu for your weekend?

For those of you who may be hitting the byways and skyways this weekend for your holiday visits, be safe and have a wonderful Christmas!

Sun's shinin' in Okieland,
Bob

Stewart Crick
12-19-2003, 9:54 AM
Xmas parties and not enough shop time for the weekend! :(

But I should be there most of today! :D

Tyler Howell
12-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Major Gloat.

FedEx pulled in as I was pulling out. We just off loaded the stuff from her truck to mine. :o Tool Crib had a great sale so I did the right thing and gave them my Xmas list.
This weekend I’ll be setting up the new Excaliber blade guard, Makita 10”CSMS with light, and Kreg pocket whole system. I already sent in the rebate for Makita (14V Drill/Driver) and found a place for all the nice give away gifts that I received for dropping a load (Makita Gloves, measuring tape, Kreg instruction video).
No tax, no Shipping/ handling, and no wife to complain. :rolleyes: I was good this year! Merry Christmas to me.

Big Party with a new lady friend. :cool: Hope she likes sawdust ;)

I should start shopping for others too I guess.

Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks for sharing the tips, information, ideas and humbling pictures of your great work. :p
Tyler

Eric Sanford
12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
I completed the construction of the last gift project and got the first coat of finish on it last night. three more coats and I should be able to deliver it Monday!

Sunday is son's basketball, so tomorrow is a shop day. I've got a couple of shop improvement needs to work on - sheet good storage rack and cutoff rack are two priorities.

Everyone be safe and enjoy the holidays
Eric

Jim Becker
12-19-2003, 12:14 PM
This weekend will mark the start of my "year end" vacation...err...gotta use up the rest of the days from last year's vacation time, anyway...hee hee

My shop plans include rubbing out the finish on the Shaker clock and final assembly. The shellac went on nicely last weekend and I want this sucker hung before the end of the weekend! (Pending finding some #4 brass screws for the hinges since they didn't come with them--I always forget that when I get hinges from Lee Valley)

I also plan on making a picture frame for a print that I want to hang in the eating area so we can get it put back together and a dovetailed cherry organization shelf for my office if I have time. I also have some more shop cleaning and re-arrangement to complete in anticipation of the MM-16 moving in a couple of weeks from now.

LOML and I will be visiting the 'rents for a few days for the holiday and we'll hopefully get to check out Jerry Todd's shop next Friday while we're in the area. And then it's more shop time until "next year"!

Sam Chambers
12-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately, I'll spend the weekend recovering from back surgery. The back has kept me out of the shop for the pas 8 months or so, and it'll be at least 6 months before I'll be able to get back to it. The surgery is tonight and I should be home sometime Saturday.

I'll continue enjoying the hobby vicariously through the rest of you by visting the Creek often, so keep up the good work!

Bob Lasley
12-19-2003, 1:33 PM
Unfortunately, I'll spend the weekend recovering from back surgery. The back has kept me out of the shop for the pas 8 months or so, and it'll be at least 6 months before I'll be able to get back to it. The surgery is tonight and I should be home sometime Saturday.

I'll continue enjoying the hobby vicariously through the rest of you by visting the Creek often, so keep up the good work!

Good luck Sam,

We'll be pulling for you buddy. Let us know how it goes as soon as your up to it.

Bob

Ken Robb
12-19-2003, 1:47 PM
Like Jim my Holiday starts today at 5PM. Most of my customers factories are closed for the Holidays. I have been out of woodworking for several years due to family and work, but the itch to make some sawdust was to great. I am reorganizing my shop to make better use of the limited space I have. At lunch my Grizzy BS found a new home. Tonight I'll start moving as much as possible out of my shop so I can repaint the walls & build a new wood storage rack & bins for all the shorts. Next I'll install the ductwork for the new DC system. Need to have everything done by Jan 2 so I have room for some new goodies I hope to pick up at the Baltimore WW show and lastly to await the arrival of Jim B's old Jet BS

Tyler Howell
12-19-2003, 3:12 PM
Good Luck Sam. Get back in the shop where you belong.

TJH

Terry Quiram
12-19-2003, 5:16 PM
Today starts 2 weeks vacation. Waaahoo! I hope to be spending a lot of time in the shop. Got a couple projects to finish for LOML and then the lathe is calling my name.

Dick Parr
12-19-2003, 7:21 PM
Sam, good luck and rest up like the doctor tells ya. You will get back into the shop a lot sooner if you do.

The wifes cabinet is on the back burner this weekend. Everything is done with it, except for the sanding and finish. A neighbor asked me to help him make a lighthouse/bookcase for his wife for Christmas. He just about waited to long before he asked. We started it on Wednesday and should have it done by Christmas

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2003, 7:24 PM
Hello there Mr. Lasley..!!!!

This weekend I will be spending time in the shop trying to finish son #1's chest-of-drawers AND finishing a card box (playing cards) for a lady at work. This is my first box of this type to make a what a pain it is to do. Working with large pieces of wood is a LOT different than working with little-bitty pieces of wood. All I can say is that it is a real experience.

The more "commission" stuff I do....the less I like it.

Have a great weekend....

Anthony Yakonick
12-19-2003, 8:45 PM
A 9" natural edge burl, I'll need a few hours

Phil Phelps
12-19-2003, 8:54 PM
Coulda fooled me :p I'll be finishing the tape/bed/painting in the garage. 'Yall remember the "sewing room"? All the cabinets comin' down this weekend. Can't leave them here. We're outta here on Feb. one. So, a lotta work for the weekend. Some day........ fore!!!! :(
Be safe this weekend, folks.

Jim Becker
12-19-2003, 8:55 PM
A 9" natural edge burl, I'll need a few hours

That's going to be an awesome vessel, Anthony. The "swirl" is very interesting and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Anthony Yakonick
12-20-2003, 12:10 AM
That's going to be an awesome vessel, Anthony. The "swirl" is very interesting and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Done, final sanding and oil tomorrow