PDA

View Full Version : The Vortex claims another one....

Barry Stratton
03-20-2007, 3:00 AM
A buddy has been chomping at the bit to buy a lathe. He sent me a note the other day telling me he picked up a used Delta, birch stand with drawers FULL of parts, chucks (Oneway brand), centers, homemade jigs, cases of sandpaper, center finder, etx..... for around $400.

I offered to come visit if I could bring my youngest. He agreed so we went for a little road trip with me packing my chisels and a few pen kits/blanks, and all the accessories needed to make some.

He took to it naturally as you can see in the pic and his cherry slimline came out pretty darn good for a first attempt. It was a BLAST. I told him to come on in here and sign up so I hope he does.

And my youngest enjoyed looking at the horses, chickens, rabbit, turkey, dogs, playing with his 8 month old daughter and visiting with his wife.

All in all a great trip and successful abysseration. His CSUSA and Harbor freight orders are already in. I suggested selling off the rest of his tools to make room for blanks, hollowing rigs, etc...:D

Jonathon Spafford
03-20-2007, 3:56 AM
Way to go... another into the vortex! So that is what that was... thought I heard a loud sucking sound way over there. Nice going... he turned a good pen too!!! (better than my first).

Daniel Heine
03-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Barry,

Shame on you for luring another inocent victim into the bottomless pit. He's a goner now!!!!!

That's an awfully nice pen for the first try.

Happy Spining,
Dan Heine

Paul Engle
03-20-2007, 10:40 AM
ooooo selling off tools for more tools,,,, vortex material for sure if he does it.....nice job on the pen for his first try....:D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey Barry......If he'd just waited a while...you'd be in Minnesota and he'd not be Abysserated! Congrats and tell him welcome to the Vortex!