PDA

View Full Version : Please, a note of comfort for a dear member...

Mike Brooks
03-19-2007, 11:09 PM
I humbly request a note of comfort for a dear member of the "creek", Mr Ken Fitzgerald, aka "mr spinney', was terribly traumatized today when I called him to let him know the big burly-maple-slice'n dice was starting today. He was unable to attend the festivities, duty called, he wailed, whined, the crocodile-tears flowed, much gnashing of teeth,etc. As his main "pusher of wood products", I felt duty-bound to inform him of such a monumentious occasion, little did I know it would cause him such grief. Good grief, one would think he was going to miss opening day of elk-season, which, out here, is a federal holiday. Only excuses allowed are: blew the motor in my 4x4, some dirty rat stole my favorite elk rifle, my best pack-horse died. All other excuses are considered trivial. Please, could you find it in your heart, to send a brief message of condolence to "mr spinney", he longed to hear the whine of the delicate lil' 066 Magnum, and the growl of the dainty 076 AV as they carefully sliced the 6 ton of BURLY maple. Thanks in advance, I knew y'all would understand my dilema. Mike

Andy Hoyt
03-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Mike - I understand your dilemma and feel your pain.

But not his!

:D

Bart Leetch
03-20-2007, 12:58 AM
I just couldn't find the words.:eek: :) :D

John Bailey
03-20-2007, 7:06 AM
Good one Mike!!:)

John

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2007, 8:59 AM
Mike........You sorry rascal!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Brodie Brickey
03-20-2007, 2:34 PM
No harvesting of a 6 ton burl actually happened until pictures are posted! Until then any condolences aren't required. :p

Keith Burns
03-20-2007, 3:44 PM
http://joetonich.forumup.us/images/smiles/motocanaglia_fontana.gif (javascript:emoticon(':bawlin:'))

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2007, 6:28 PM
No harvesting of a 6 ton burl actually happened until pictures are posted! Until then any condolences aren't required. :p

Brodie,

Mike's riding my back pretty hard right now so I had to think for a while whether or not to defend him. Hard to defend the local pusher.....but check out this thread........http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=53087.............if he says it's 6 tons.....could be!

Ron Jones near Indy
03-20-2007, 6:37 PM
No pics. No burls, no tears, no---well you know.