PDA

View Full Version : finished some weekend projects

Ralph Dobbertin
03-19-2007, 3:32 PM
Now I can get on with the cabriole legs I want make.

Here are some of the pens I made on the weekend: Emperor Pens made with Coolibah burl (2 on the left), Ebony and the second from the right is made from a 150 year old wooden (unknown type) nail (pin) used on our now torn down original farmhouse. A tough pen to make given it was worm eaten and spunky. The top is olive wood. I exploded the other spunky pieces I had (just too damaged)

Also made a home for my Blue spruce chisels among other items. 1" oak base, with walnut sides and birdseye maple top.

Hope you enjoy

Ralph Dobbertin
03-19-2007, 3:47 PM
try these images...the first try was awful

Mike Henderson
03-19-2007, 4:02 PM
Very nice work. I like the magnets to hold the chisels in your box. That's a good idea. Do the chisels become magnetic from contact with the magnets?

Mike

Jonathon Spafford
03-19-2007, 4:35 PM
Beautiful work... that tool chest is really gorgeous looking piece. Those pens are also beautiful... the woods you used have really amazing grain. Looks like you have been spending your time productively ;)

Ralph Dobbertin
03-19-2007, 8:11 PM
Not sure if they will magnetise...I presume they will a little..thx for the comments

Don Bullock
03-19-2007, 10:46 PM
The LOML is going to ge upset with me if you all keep showing tools with those beautiful turned handles. The more I see them, the more I think that I need to get a lathe again and turn some stock. That's not good for the budget.;) :eek:

Seriously, that is some beautiful work. I especially love the tool box with its great choice of wood and the innovation of the magnets.