PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Yellow

Tony De Masi
03-19-2007, 11:02 AM
:D Thanks to Chad at the Tool Nut my Mustard machine will be arriving in about seven days and I can't wait.

Jim Becker
03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Rut-Roe! Another one!! (Congratulations!)

Mark Pruitt
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Yippee! More Mustard! Pile it on!!!:D :D :D

(What was that other "M-" word? can't remember....):cool:

Jonathon Spafford
03-19-2007, 1:58 PM
Nice going! Congratulations!!!!

Frank Kobilsek
03-19-2007, 2:10 PM
Tony
What options did you order? I am curious about the bed extention that allows larger diameter turning on the 'inboard side' by sliding the headstock. I think you buy another taller banjo for that set up.

It seems like the Mustard crowd loves thier new members so lets keep this thread high on the list. I hope to join that club in 2008.

Frank

Tony De Masi
03-19-2007, 2:17 PM
Frank,

Because space limitations, as well as experience and ability, I did not order either of the bed extensions. Maybe when I move into my next home but not right now. I will however suggest that when you are ready to make the move do your research and then call Tool Hut. They beat the others handily including tailgate delivery.

Tony

Mark Pruitt
03-19-2007, 2:18 PM
Tony
What options did you order? I am curious about the bed extention that allows larger diameter turning on the 'inboard side' by sliding the headstock. I think you buy another taller banjo for that set up.

It seems like the Mustard crowd loves thier new members so lets keep this thread high on the list. I hope to join that club in 2008.

Frank
Frank, the bed extension comes with the taller tool rest post. It's not a complete banjo; you simply remove the banjo from the "main" bed, slide it onto the extension bed, and mount the tall post exactly as you mount a tool rest. And, technically I guess you're turning "outboard" at that point since you've moved your headstock all the way to the "tail" end of the bed.

The mustard will be waiting for you!:cool:

Steve Schlumpf
03-19-2007, 2:22 PM
Congrats on your new lathe Tony! Looking forward to the pics!

Mike Turkley
03-19-2007, 9:16 PM
Congrats on your new lathe Tony! Looking forward to the pics!

Yea, what Steve said.

And post pics.

MikeT

Mark Cothren
03-19-2007, 9:20 PM
Congrats Tony!

Pete Jordan
03-19-2007, 9:24 PM
Frank, the bed extension comes with the taller tool rest post. It's not a complete banjo; you simply remove the banjo from the "main" bed, slide it onto the extension bed, and mount the tall post exactly as you mount a tool rest. And, technically I guess you're turning "outboard" at that point since you've moved your headstock all the way to the "tail" end of the bed.

The mustard will be waiting for you!:cool:

Frank,

I have the 18" extension and the banjo extension. I haven't used it for outboard yet but it sure is nice to slide the tailstock out of the when needed.

Pete Jordan
03-19-2007, 9:25 PM
Tony,

I got mine from Toolnut also and I love it!

Congrats!

Rich Souchek
03-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Frank,
PM offers two bed extension "kits" w/ different model numbers.
One is just the bed extesnio and the other is the bed extension with the banjo upright extension.
The bed extendsion can be used in either position, to extend the bed or to increase the outboard turning diameter. It all works good.
Rich S.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2007, 12:16 AM
The mustard gang is so glad! Andy is so sad! Too bad!

Congrats Tony! I'm sure it'll serve you well!

Dave Wimmer
03-20-2007, 7:55 AM
Mine came from Toolnut also. I really love it. Can't understand why anyone would buy the more expensive spread!

Dennis Peacock
03-20-2007, 8:34 AM
Alright!!!!! Another Mustard fan...!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Andy Hoyt
03-20-2007, 8:58 AM
Next guy to acquire mustard gets it.:mad::D

JOHN VITOSKY
03-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Im planning on getting one in a few months. I just started working at my local Woodcraft part time for fun money. My first major purchase is goin got be ummmm.....how do you say......oh yes . POWERMATIC!!!!! Sometimes respectfully referred to as MUSTARD. Yep that will be my first purchase . Cant wait. Every time I work I go and talk to it and see how its doing. Just dont want it to be lonely. ;) :D :D :D :D :D