PDA

View Full Version : bosch 4 1/2" grinders- twofer sale at HD

Lynn Kasdorf
03-18-2007, 6:55 PM
I have been in the market for a 4 1/2" angle grinder to complement the big 7" guy I have. I was in the borg today, and they had a special on a two pack of bosch grinders for $79. That's right- a two pack. They are shrink wrapped together with a big sticker covering both- so this is intentional. Even the cashier seemed baffled why they are selling a two pack of grinders...

Each grinder comes with one abrasive wheel and a diamond wheel for masonry cutting. I didn't really need two, but what the heck- I'll keep a wire wheel on one and a grinder on the other.

I love bosch tools. These are $54 each at Amazon without the diamond blade. So, a pretty good deal.

No affiliation, etc.

Cheers
LK

Matt Meiser
03-18-2007, 9:50 PM
That does sound like a good deal. I have three 4-1/2" angle grinders now. One is a high amp Dewalt which is great and I keep a grinding wheel on it. The other two are Harbor Freight for about $16 each. One has a cutting disc and one has a flap wheel. They are a little under powered for grinding welds, but great for the above purposes. Having multiple grinders is nice because you don't need to change wheels. In my case, it saves me from being lazy and either not finishing something as nicely because the grinding wheel is mounted instead of the flap disc, or wasting a flap disc doing something better suited for the grinding wheel.