PDA

View Full Version : Collaboration piece.

Kevin McPeek
03-18-2007, 1:18 AM
This was a bowl of firsts. It is the first bowl I've done with a foot. It is the first time I've done a collaboration. It is the first of my bowls to have anything done beyond the lathe.
A little story about the collaboration, I was turing this and I was telling my wife that I planned on dimpling and dyeing the rim. She showed some interest in working in the shop (another first) and asked if I could make her one to play on. So I told her to play on this one. Well, it used to be a bit thicker and a bit taller but I am very happy with it. Even if I don't get all the credit.
The rim close up shows the dimpling and an inclusion which I excluded. I hope she will work some more with me.
Edit: It is Box elder burl about 9.5"x2"

Neal Addy
03-18-2007, 1:31 AM
Really nice bowl! The texturing is nicely done!

You're on dangerous ground. I see another lathe in your future. Save time and buy her a mini now. WW stores are open on Sunday.

Mike Vickery
03-18-2007, 3:10 AM
Beautiful work Kevin, I love what she did with the rim.

Jonathon Spafford
03-18-2007, 4:00 AM
Wow you both are quite a team... nice bowl! I love the grain and the edge detail looks perfect! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Chris Barton
03-18-2007, 6:18 AM
That's a very nice bowl Kevin! I like the edge treatment.

Mark Cothren
03-18-2007, 7:31 AM
Very nice bowl, Mr. & Mrs. McPeek!!!!

John Hart
03-18-2007, 8:15 AM
Beautiful work to both of you!! The dimpling looks great. I like the differing sizes of dimples a lot. Good form....beautiful figure...nice finish. Sheesh! Great piece.:)

Bernie Weishapl
03-18-2007, 9:11 AM
That is a great bowl Kevin. I do like the rim. I agree with Neal you are treading on dangerous ground. I think you may as well get a mini ordered now. :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Dario Octaviano
03-18-2007, 9:19 AM
Very nice Kevin! You must had the best time in your shop making this.

Please don't tell me she turned that! It is an awesome piece!

Guys, Kevin have a spare mini lathe...I think he is positioning to justify getting yet another big lathe (a Robust maybe?) LOL :D

Steve Schlumpf
03-18-2007, 9:51 AM
Wow! You and your wife did a beautiful job on the bowl! Love the grain, form and finish - but the edge treatment really makes the piece! Very nice work!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Those McPeeks! What a team!........Nicely done....I like everything about it!

Curt Fuller
03-18-2007, 11:18 AM
That's a beauty of a bowl! The only problem I see is that Mr. McPeek's time at the lathe is going to be cut in half or his bank account is going to be minus the cost of Mrs. McPeek's new lathe.

Mark Pruitt
03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Beautiful work, and congratulations on abysserating the LOYL!:)

Kevin McPeek
03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone. We both enjoyed reading your comments.
I already have the extra mini, but I do like Darios idea. I think a robust, PM, oneway, or stubby could all find a home in my shop. She has yet to stand at the lathe, a little afarid I think. We'll work on that. But the dremel isn't very intimidating.