PDA

View Full Version : Mid Atlantic Wood Show, 3/29 & 30

Mitchell Andrus
03-17-2007, 9:27 PM
Edison, NJ. Thurs and Fri, March 29 and 30.

Anyone going? Looks like a big iron show - no weenies selling Taiwan drill bit sets here. Well, maybe a few....

Register on the site to bypass the line at the window.

Exhibitors:
http://www.midatlanticwoodexpo.com/pa/exhibitors_alpha.cfm

http://www.midatlanticwoodexpo.com/pa/index.cfm

Jim Becker
03-17-2007, 9:32 PM
Yes, I will hopefully be there on Friday unless something critcal comes up for work. This is a pro/industrial show and it will likely be a little different for folks used to the consumer oriented shows.

John Renzetti
03-18-2007, 6:45 AM
hi, I plan on driving up Thursday afternoon, spending the night and seeing the whole show on Friday. These are real good shows. Mostly heavy iron on up but something for everybody.
This will be the first show at Edison. They used to be at the old Ft Washington Expo Center in PA. This show alternates with one in Hartford CT.

take care,
John

Jim Becker
03-18-2007, 10:17 AM
While it's a shame that the Ft Washington facility is "no longer", the oranizers of the show expect the Edison location to be even better since it's still close to the SE PA area, but closer to NYC, Northern NJ and CT. Hopefully, the weather will be condusive to good attendance. John, I'll try to look for you at the show on Friday...you know where I'll likely be spending some time...LOL! :D

Ben Abate
03-18-2007, 2:17 PM
Hi guys,

I spoke to John Renzetti the other day and we decided to hook up somewhere. That reminds me to remind him that we are going to meet. So hopefully we could all run into each other. Like to set a time and place but not knowing the facility it might be difficult. Well hope to see some of you.

Ben

John Renzetti
03-18-2007, 6:27 PM
John, I'll try to look for you at the show on Friday...you know where I'll likely be spending some time...LOL! :D

Hi Jim, I won't be spending much time "you know where," I want to enjoy the show and see as much as possible. I'll probably spending more time at the Adwood booth, making sure there are no scratches nor fingerprints on that Agazanni 24" Rapide 600 I'm bringing home. (does that qualify as a stealth gloat.
Hi Ben, Are you driving directly from PIT to the show. We can all meet up at one of the lunch counters or take the shuttle back to one of the hotels for a better and probably less expensive lunch. Let me know if you want me to pick up the mortiser. I can probably get it on Thursday before I drive up to Edison.
take care,
John

Per Swenson
03-18-2007, 7:06 PM
The Father and Son team of Swenson & Swenson

will be attending on Friday the 30th.

We will be there to primarily concoct various redneck jokes

and tickle the serious people.

Can't wait to meet you.

Per

Paul B. Cresti
03-18-2007, 7:29 PM
I will most likely be there on Friday towards the later afternoon. I am the one with the real long hair....maybe I will catch up with a few of you.

Ben Abate
03-19-2007, 6:45 AM
Hey fellows,

Since John has to be at the Adwood booth, Why not meet up there. We can watch as he and the fellows wrestle that big saw in the back of his truck. Just kidding John we'll get someone to help you.

I believe I'll not put you through the trouble of picking up the mortiser. I'll just get it on Monday as it goes now. Let me think a few more days. I need to call Andy to see what my bill is.

I know it will take me 5 hours to drive out there. So how about somewhere in the late morning. 11:00 - 11:30 ish at the Adwood booth.

Ben

Jim Becker
03-19-2007, 9:02 AM
Ben, I'll try to remember to find the Adwood booth mid-morning on the 30th.

Jim Becker
03-30-2007, 5:09 PM
Well, I didn't make it early enough for the "meeting", but did get to chew the fat with Per and his twin bro, err...father, Bob, Paul Cresti and Sam Blasco. I also had a nice chat with Jeff Weiss of Target Coatings. And even more incredible, I didn't buy a single thing except lunch at a Wendy's before arrival and some cheap New Jersey gas on the way home. Go figure. But there were some very interesting things on display...this was a pro/industrial show, so there was some major big-iron/steel in evidence as well as a lot of suppliers of this and that.

Sorry about missing anyone else, but I had to finish up some important work before I headed out on this personal field trip!

Paul B. Cresti
03-30-2007, 9:34 PM
Jim nice running into you again...my nice chat with Per & Bob was fun...glad I got to finally meet them both. I know what you mean about the work before hand, got there late and then I was answering emails half the time I was there anyway. I did not spend any money yet but i did place an informal order for some eucalyptus the next time their truck rolls by my place. I have Per & Bob to blame for that, they made me do it...

Per Swenson
03-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Folks,

It is so nice to meet people that you know from the Forums.

Jim, Paul, Great time, I am better for it.

Sure glad my parole officer let me out of the county hunh?:D

I jest.

We didn't spend a lot of money there........

That's not right.

Spent it in my head.

Which is the same thing as signing on the bottom line once

you get your head wrapped around the concept.

See, I have this Idea for a project and we are gonna do a little

'spearamentin. Once I am sure I can pull it off, I will find a customer and sell

it. That is the truly fun part of what we do. Building.

Per

Mitchell Andrus
03-31-2007, 8:44 AM
That was a great show. I was there all day on Thursday and have the need for a bigger shop now - and more time - and 3 phase. One of the machines on display had a bigger footprint than my entire shop!!! Plywood into it, a cabinet back out of it....

Sorry I didn't find any Creekers to say hello, I looked for familiar faces....

I also didn't buy anything, but came away with some good contacts, and a renewed interest in water based finishes.

I sat next to a 'banker-at-large' at lunch. She was there to help finance deals... She said she was likely to do between $500,000.00 and $700.000.00 in loans in two days.

Jim Becker
03-31-2007, 9:06 AM
Paul, I'm glad you mentioned the eucalyptus...wow, that was nice stuff, especially for architectural work where mahogany or other similar toned wood would be used. The price was right, too. Did you notice those wide cherry slabs that Lewis had, too? To die for...I may do business with those folks in the future, too, after I get some storage built. Maybe we call get together and split an order or something!

John Renzetti
03-31-2007, 3:54 PM
hi, I drove up Thursday evening and spent the night in hopes of having a nice full day at the show. Got to the show at 0900. By about 1100 I had seen just about everything. Saw and spoke to a couple of friends I ran into at the show. Luckily I had a late checkout from the hotel so I went back and took a nap plus did some work (although I'm supposed to be on vacation). :(
Went back around 1545 to get my bandsaw (Agazzani Rapide 600, Stealth Gloat) ready for shipping. Felder was nice enough to offer to bring it back in their truck. But fork lift operators were scare and I wasn't able to leave until 2000 (8pm).
Missed Jim, and the others but I did run into Sam Blasco (he was still tearing down his booth when I left that evening.).
Other than meeting some friends and getting the bandsaw I really didn't think this show was on par with the Mid Atlantic shows when they were at the Ft Washington center. Lots of companies were absent from this show.
Anybody going to Vegas for the AWFS show in July.
take care,
John