PDA

View Full Version : Sandblast Shadow Box Complete

Carroll Courtney
03-17-2007, 8:54 PM
Thanks to Reg,Jon,Denise,Nancy and Denise's friend Joy,for their tips on sandblasting glass.This was my second time at putting a pattern on glass,though simple to some, it was a challenge for me.The shadow box is painted w/black lacquer and the back and trim just clear.The first pic is before sandblasting,and the second is up close,third is afew feet back.Its for a friend who's son played for the football team Jacksonville Jaguars.He has moved on to other things so his parents want to put his jersey in this shadow box.First time for me to post pics of one of my projects.Hope ya'll feel its worthy of your time.Thanks for viewing:D

Don Bullock
03-17-2007, 9:06 PM
That's great!!! Nice idea and weel done. Congratulations.

Jeffrey Makiel
03-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Carroll,
That looks great. Very professional.

Can you share a little more detail on how you did it? What kind of abrasive grit did you use? Any tips?

thanks...Jeff :)

Carroll Courtney
03-18-2007, 2:25 PM
Jeff,I just went down to the local hardware store and purchase a bag of #3 grit sand for sandblasting.Per the advice at this forum,I use regular contact paper to cut the pattern out.With the help of the people listed,I think that the owners will like it.There is alot of talented people here on this forum.Thanks to all