PDA

View Full Version : Some Spindle turning

Jim King
03-17-2007, 5:41 PM
The dressing table and the bed are made of Pink Flame wood . As this is a very delicate wood I only used 3/4 KD boards and glued everything up for security. This will be going North to the Grandaughter for her daughter if she ever has one. The bed spindles are three pieces doweld together and the dressing table spindles fit in the lathe as one piece ecxept for the finials on the back.

Next the sitting bench and the dresser.

Jonathon Spafford
03-17-2007, 5:50 PM
Wow... those are amazing pieces of work! That wood is gorgeous. You are an amazing craftsman!!! Somebody is sure gonna be a lucky recipient ;)

Chris Barton
03-17-2007, 6:02 PM
Great looking piece Jim! I love to see good spindle work!

Christopher K. Hartley
03-17-2007, 6:16 PM
Beautiful work Jim! I'm sure your Granddaughter will cherish it for years to come.:)

Steve Schlumpf
03-17-2007, 6:44 PM
Very nice work Jim! Wild looking wood grain! I'm sure your Granddaughter will cherish the gifts. Always makes for great family history when she gets to tell her daughter who made the furniture and where everything came from!

John Hart
03-17-2007, 6:55 PM
Very nice Jim....can't wait to see the rest of the set....suite.:)

You have your own kiln?

Bernie Weishapl
03-17-2007, 7:14 PM
Beautiful Jim. That is some nice turning.

Neal Addy
03-17-2007, 7:28 PM
Exceptional work, Jim. You're truly a craftsman and man of many talents.

I'm sure these will go down as heirlooms for generations to come.

Brett Baldwin
03-18-2007, 2:46 AM
Its a good thing you are such an accomplished turner, otherwise all that plain looking wood you have down there wouldn't turn out so nice.;) Great looking stuff as usual Jim.