PDA

View Full Version : Festool TS 55 blade runout.

Roy Clarke
03-17-2007, 1:57 PM
I've just bought one of these along with quite a few other bits, and I must be doing something wrong. I get blade marks when ripping 10mm thick beech. It's not much load for the saw, and I tried a few cuts which were nearly perfect. Then I did a few mitre cross cuts then set the saw bacb to 90 deg to do a few more rips. The blade marks this time were as bad as any portable saw. The blade is just through the wood, and is 48 tooth tipped.

I had the saw mounted in the CMS table for this exercise. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Does anyone else have this problem? According to the various workshop sites, I should be able to get a near planed finish with this machine.

Brice Burrell
03-17-2007, 4:01 PM
Festool has great customer service, they will help you. My TS55 has made near perfect rips, however we don't have the CMS in the States, so it is possible that is the issue.

Roy Clarke
03-17-2007, 4:29 PM
I wonder if it works ok when using the guide and splinter guard, as these will limit the wobble on the blade. With the CMS, the blade has no zero clearance insert, and is free to wobble.