PDA

View Full Version : Gloat or Groan -- depends on how you view it

Noah Alkinburgh
12-18-2003, 8:18 AM
Not sure if this is a gloat or an anti-gloat, but last night a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country followed me home.

It is a fully loaded vehicle and I was able to get a very nice deal as it had high milage. The only thing it doesn't have is the power sliding doors. My Wendy is tickled to have the double sliding doors now, and thinks the heated seats are a God send. Now for the gear heads, it has a 3.8 V-6 with the traction control FWD.

I now have car payments for the first time in my life but Wen has a reliable car (knock on wood).

Man I have a love hate realtionship with cars :)

Noah

Jim Becker
12-18-2003, 9:21 AM
'Sometimes you just have to bite the bear back and do what is needed to be done. Having safe and reliabilty transportation for your family fits squarely into that scenario!

Noah Alkinburgh
12-18-2003, 9:30 AM
Jim,

You are so right...I also forgot to add that this van has the long wheel base, so I can load up box elder logs in the back end and still have room for everyone to sit comfortably ;)

Noah

Lee Schierer
12-18-2003, 9:38 AM
Not only that but if you take out all the seats, you can get 4 X 8 sheets of plywood inside along with a ton (well half ton) of wood from your local sources. It will also come in handy for delivering those completed oversize projects.

Jim Becker
12-18-2003, 9:46 AM
Not only that but if you take out all the seats, you can get 4 X 8 sheets of plywood inside along with a ton (well half ton) of wood from your local sources. It will also come in handy for delivering those completed oversize projects.

You know, Lee...Wendy is going to be wondering about the really, really big grin on Noah's face when he gets home from work, despite that big hit to the family budget. But I bet she already thought of the huge increase in "utility" that this van brings...hee hee

Tom Sweeney
12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Glad to see that your planer & Box Elder Log have a nice new home :D

Be careful though - remember that box elder log is what blew the tranny out of the old van - I feel horrible - maybe you should just give it back so it doesn't cost you any more misfortune :rolleyes:

Good luck with the new wheels!

Charles McKinley
12-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Noah,

You will love the double sliding doors. It is sooooo much more convienient. My next vehicle will be a van.