PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Vector of...

Judith Halliday
03-17-2007, 7:47 AM
Hi everyone,

My hubby is joining the forum:D . He says I'm getting too savy. We have been on the hunt for a vector file of the state emblem of South Carolina. It is the palmetto tree and the moon. If anyone has it and would like to share it, we would appreciate it.

P.S. pray for our troops. Just got a call from our son in Baghdad that his convey was hit by an IED and he received some shrapnel in his face and has racoon eyes from the force of his eye protection hitting his face. I am thankful he lived to call his mom. Darn kid turns 21 in about a week and a half. Not how I want to wake up on a Saturday morning. Now I need to channel this nervous energy into something positive.

Many thanks in advance,

Judy H.

Joseph B. Chritz
03-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Judy,

I hope this is what you wanted.

I took one of the State Flags on the net and did a quick trace in Corel Draw. I didn't clean it up so there are extra lines you may not want.

Joseph

Larry Bratton
03-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Judy:
Glad your son is OK. Keep the faith!
Here is a SC flag with the palmetto tree and moon in wmf format. Let me know if this one isn't what you need as I think I may have a couple more.

Dave Jones
03-17-2007, 1:42 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.redtengu.com/images/raw/sc_seal.jpg

http://www.redtengu.com/images/raw/sc_seal.cdr

It needs a little cleanup, but is vector based.

Larry Bratton
03-17-2007, 2:16 PM
Dave, that's the SC state seal. ( I'm a SC guy ;) ) I think she wants the flag that has a palmetto tree and the crescent moon on a blue background.

Dave Jones
03-17-2007, 3:18 PM
Well she said the "state emblem", so I figured it could be either one. And since there were a few flags already posted, I figured I'd post the seal.

Larry Bratton
03-17-2007, 3:39 PM
Well ,by golly ,maybe she's got what she needs. That tree in that thang is tough. We made a graphic out of vinyl that went on the back panel of our RV that says " Smiling faces, Beautiful places" and has that tree and the moon on a blue background. I remember when we did it, I couldn't find that tree anywhere in vector, so I traced a bitmap and worked and worked to get it cleaned up enough so we could cut it. It turned out OK and we get a lot of comments on it. :D

Judith Halliday
03-18-2007, 8:48 PM
Hi Guys,
you are a great bunch. All the attachments were great. I thank you so much.

Judy Halliday