PDA

View Full Version : Can I view posts by the original date posted?

Paul Di Biasio
12-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Can I view posts by the original date posted?

I don't see this option listed in the sort by drop down. My problem with the sort by last post time is the popular messages keep bubbling to the top and I have already viewed them. I would like to start where I was on the last visit and just view the new posts. Am I missing something? I don't visit nearly as often because of this.

John Christiansen
12-18-2003, 7:59 AM
Can I view posts by the original date posted?

I don't see this option listed in the sort by drop down. My problem with the sort by last post time is the popular messages keep bubbling to the top and I have already viewed them. I would like to start where I was on the last visit and just view the new posts. Am I missing something? I don't visit nearly as often because of this.

Sounds like what you want to do, is just use the "view new post" link at the top of the page.

Noah Alkinburgh
12-18-2003, 8:09 AM
Paul,

If you go to the User control panel and look at options there will be an option for how you want to view the threads. You want to pick Threaded or Hybird. This will show you the posts in a more linear fashion.

When I first started I really thought I liked that way better, however now I have grown to really like the way they are shown now. Another option is what John mentioned and you can just click the View New Posts. I have recently become a convert on that feature too. It works great.

One nice thing about the way they default is that posts usually don't get lost this way. For example recently a thread that was started several months ago had a new post added to it. This brought that whole thread back to the forefront, so there was no need for a rehashing of the same content, or a need for the dreaded "we talked about this before use the search feature" response :)

Anyway that is alot of rambling for nothing. This board is highly customizable to what you want it to look like so don't let anything keep you from visiting...just jump right in and customize away and enjoy !!!

Noah

Aaron Koehl
12-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Paul,

Indeed--check out the View New Posts link at the top right corner
of your page (underneath the row of buttons.)

_Aaron_