PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox 8" Jointers

Glen Walker
03-16-2007, 9:32 PM
I have been doing a lot of research lately (for the last couple of months) on Jointers, and finally narrowed it down to the Shop Fox that I had read quite a bit about on here. I called Bibb Tools a week ago for pricing and at that time it would be $700 plus $40 for shipping. Being the procrastinator that I am I didnt order it at that time like I should have. I called again this afternoon, and was told that the price was $831.25 plus $110 for shipping. So now Im back to square one, should I wait and see if they offer free shipping in the near future, or just bite the bullet and pay the extra and get it over with.

glenn bradley
03-16-2007, 9:35 PM
I have reduced the number of times that I do this sort of thing but have not eliminated them. If you have tracked their prices up and down (kinda like the stock market) and are confident that they will turn down again, I'd wait. If your luck is like mine, go ahead and get it now.

Glen Walker
03-20-2007, 5:58 PM
Well guys I bit the bullett this afternoon and ordered the Shop Fox Jointer. Im looking forwared to it arriving in a week or so. Also just wanted you guys to know that if your intrested in any of their products from Bibb Tools, I would highly recommend speaking with Wes. He offered me a great discount and reduced shipping.

Thanks again,

Glen

glenn bradley
03-20-2007, 7:00 PM
That's great Glen. I'll be watching for your thought on the tool. I hear my timer ticking down to move to an 8". Did you look at the Grizzlys and if so which of those (or others) were in the running and what was the deciding factor?

Matt Day
03-21-2007, 9:26 AM
I think I got lucky when I ordered mine about a month ago when I got it for $700 shipped. I think it's worth what you paid for it though, so I think you did the right thing. I've been very happy with mine.

Paul Johnstone
03-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I called again this afternoon, and was told that the price was $831.25 plus $110 for shipping. So now Im back to square one, should I wait and see if they offer free shipping in the near future, or just bite the bullet and pay the extra and get it over with.

I'm glad you went ahead and ordered it. Don't beat yourself up over missing a sale.. I always rationalize that I've wasted $200 in accessories and other junk for hobbies that ended up being useless.

Better to go ahead and get it now and enjoy it, rather than wait possibly years for another sale that never materializes (It may never go down to 700 again).